Data Quality Manager, Global Commercial OperationsLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Data Quality Manger is responsible for overall ownership of Data Quality for the Commercial Organization. This role will ensure that our Commercial data remains high quality and is a reliable source of information for key decision making and business critical processes from the field to the executive level. This role is an integral part of the Global Commercial Operations, Business Intelligence team and will partner with many teams and vendors to enhance and support our Data Quality framework and governance. The role will be expected to be the subject matter expert in a wide variety of data domains and integrated tightly in the development process ensuring audits are in place to keep all new data sources (internal and external), data elements, and metrics healthy.
- Maintain existing Data Quality Framework by creating new data checks and refining existing data checks
- Participate in design and project planning sessions for data architecture on new projects and data flows and define requirements for Data Quality
- Identify what’s important for the business, what could break, what needs rigorous checks
- Work with internal and external data partners on resolving data issues
- Identify process improvements, data quality gaps, and implement data governance best practices
- Maintain existing Data Quality dashboard in PowerBI and advise the business on the overall state of data quality by regularly providing scorecards, metrics, and alerts
- Document existing and potential data structures and data flow processes
- Work with vendors on new integrations and data exchanges, create data specifications, standards and validation rules, and agree on data governance processes
- Coordinate and test new data loads and data exchanges
- Troubleshoot data errors that fail our processes or cause data quality issues
- BS/BA in information systems or related fields or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 3 years work experience in data quality, data governance, data stewardship, data analysis preferably with experience in data warehouse and business intelligence applications
- Experience working with 3rd party data, ideally in the pharmaceutical space (Claims data, EMR data, IMS, etc.)
- Strong SQL skills; being able to import/select/manipulate data; understand data warehousing principals and relational databases; experience working with SQL Server, SSIS and SSAS
- Exceptional attention to detail; thorough research, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to independently make decisions and reprioritize tasks to meet deliverables; be highly organized
- Hands on experience with data visualization tools (Power BI or Tableau) is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Data Quality and MDM solutions
- Lifesciences industry experience preferred, demonstrated subject matter expert in multiple data domains a must
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.