Clinical Trial Specialist (TEMPORARY)Location San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Clinical Trial Specialist performs essential responsibilities for successful trial execution at BioMarin. The Clinical Trial Specialist takes on the key role of Study Specialist, contributing to tasks related to site management and/or study management and oversight activities as delegated by SETL, Study Operations Lead (SOL), or Regional Operations Lead (ROL). This may include contributing to and/or supporting study matters that impact study timelines, quality and budget.
The Clinical Trial Specialist is expected to be in the process of developing foundational competence in critical areas required for long term success in Clinical Operations across Communication and Collaboration, Proactivity and Adaptability, Strategic Thinking, Planning and Analysis, and Problem solving and Decision Making. For example:
- Responds promptly with clear, organized written and oral communication
- Seeks out, and understands the value of, opportunities to interact with peers and stakeholders; builds a network of internal and external peers
- Takes ownership and accountability for completing assigned tasks and perseveres through obstacles
- Embraces new challenges or changed priorities and adjusts plans and priorities accordingly
The Clinical Trial Specialist is also in the process of developing foundational technical competence in Study Management and Execution, Compliance and Quality, Drug Development and Study Design, and Product and Therapeutic Area Knowledge.
- BA/BS or higher in nursing, life or health sciences is preferred. Industry or relevant experience in lieu of education is considered.
- 2+ years pharmaceutical industry experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.