Business Analyst, Business Intelligence Commercial OperationsLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for driving projects, leading business requirements gathering and providing analytical support along with any end user training. This position will work closely with all the Commercial stakeholders such as Field teams, Marketing, Specialty pharmacy operations, Managed markets team and Patient services teams. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and drive them through to successful completion.
This role will support the development of CRM systems, Power BI reports and the underlying data warehouse. He or she will utilize quantitative/analytical skills to facilitate logical business process design for challenging business questions and data/process problems. This position’s primary objective will be to help the BI team deliver innovative solutions that improve business efficiency and productivity as well as support business strategies and goals.
- Analyze user enhancement requests to deliver solutions focused on establishing and improving business processes that improve efficiency, address process gaps, and enable automation.
- Drive cross-functional analytics, integration and CRM projects from beginning to end
- Define project scope and deliverable to support business goals in collaboration with senior management and commercial stakeholders
- Liaise with our IT partners, patient services providers, data aggregators and other business partners to deliver various commercial BI projects
- Build relationships with key Commercial business stakeholders across marketing, field, forecasting, specialty pharmacy Ops and patient services to enable smooth execution of the projects.
- Develop and manage project timelines
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity using JIRA; resolve problems, publish status reports and recommended next steps
- Perform ad hoc analytics as needed and support priority projects
- Proven working experience as a business analyst or project manager or in a similar capacity in a Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology company
- Excellent analytical, project management and communication skills (written and verbal) are essential
- Exceptional qualitative, quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience transcribing business requirements, scoping, planning and delivering projects and technical documentation.
- Microsoft Access and/or SQL experience is a plus
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
BUSINESS ANALYST TOP SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES
- Process Improvement
- Microsoft Access and/or SQL experience
- Big Picture Thinking
- Work Well Under Pressure
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Relationship Building
- Software Design & Maintenance
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.