Building EngineerLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Building Engineer role is expected to be the sole engineering representative for a building or Campus. The Building Engineer is required to liaise directly with building users, customers and other subject matter experts to identify areas or systems that need engineering support or investment. The building engineer is required to have knowledge of the building design and operation. Knowledge of key mechanical systems, utilities and infrastructure. Although the building engineer will be required to interpret and understand all building aspects, the building engineer will rely on other SME’s for more in depth system and building details. The Building Engineer’s knowledge of the building and systems should be sufficiently robust to articulate building issues, troubleshoot and resolve issues or utilize other engineering functions to resolve building issues in a timely manner.
The Building Engineer will be expected to perform regular walk-throughs and checks, to ensure the quality of the building is being upheld and to identify and to diagnose issues quickly. The Building Engineer will evaluate janitorial work regularly.
The building Engineer will be the single point of contact for developing business cases for any investments needed in the building and is required identify and present these needs and business cases to secure the required support and capital funding. The building Engineer will be required to partner with other teams to define and steer the future strategy for the relevant building in line with corporate strategy the Asset Lifecyle management program and site master plans.
The Building Engineer is responsible for managing the inventory of all equipment and supplies needed for their work, including all safety gear, in a safe and organized manner. The Building Engineer will be charged with adhering to established safety protocols and promoting safety including monitoring all work under their purview to ensure that it is done in a safe manner.
Must be organized, efficient, solutions-oriented and work well on a team.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in the field of maintenance or engineering in a commercial office environment.
- Working knowledge of general building utilities and infrastructure systems
- Ability to work with multiple disciplines an team internally in BioMarin and externally.
- Knowledge of safety practices pertaining to the fields of construction and maintenance.
- Fluent in English and good oral and written communications skills.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with work ticketing programs.
- Ability to work 8 hours on your feet, to climb several flights of stairs, to work overhead, on a ladder and in tight spaces and to lift 50 lbs.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and professional and friendly demeanor.
- College diploma in Construction or other Engineering Science related degree.
- Understating of relevant building codes in California.