Brand Lead - CLN2 - Global Brand ManagementLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Position: Global Brand Management, CLN2 Brand Lead
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join our global brand management team as Commercial Brand Lead for CLN2. Our recently approved therapy, cerliponase alfa, has been widely recognized for innovation – including the 2017 Popular Science “Best of What’s New” award in the health category. Come join and lead the brand team for a compound that is trailblazing within orphan disease, and can make an important difference for patients and families worldwide.
Global leadership role for CLN2, centered on the recently approved innovative therapy cerliponase alfa. CLN2 disease is a devastating pediatric neurodegenerative disorder with no other approved therapies. Reports to Executive Director, Global Brand Management, Lysosomal Storage Disorders (LSD).
The Global CLN2 Brand Lead is responsible for strategically leading the global brand management and marketing efforts and setting the long-term vision for the Brineura brand. This position includes: developing and implementing the CLN2 brand strategy; leading the commercial efforts for the ongoing lifecycle of cerliponase alfa; executing global product and disease marketing programs; being a champion for the brands across the commercial functions and the broader organization.
Demonstrated strategic, operational, organizational, problem solving, communications, and project management skills are required. Strong results orientation and a sense of urgency to get things done are critical. This professional is a disciplined risk-taker that embraces innovative approaches, and is comfortable with ambiguity in a growing commercial organization. The CLN2 Brand Lead must be creative and adaptable to unique and changing situations, be goal-oriented, know how to set aggressive, achievable targets, be a self-starter and motivate internal cross-functional teams as well as third-party vendors and agencies.
- Global brand lead for Brinuera, including maintaining brand ID, global positioning, global messaging, and execution of global marketing tactics while also supporting (from a strategic brand perspective) regional execution of regional tactics
- Manage ongoing global launch of cerliponase alfa
- Lead global brand planning and business planning, create and manage to operational budget annually
- Collaborate closely with (4) regional teams worldwide to foster ongoing launch success, and ensuring global strategies and tactics are well aligned with regional needs and priorities
- Responsible for identifying, developing and managing key global marketing activities such as advocacy, disease education, advisory board meetings, scientific messaging, congress presence, and KOL management and development plans, and appropriate input into publication plan.
- Works closely with market access to provide input and support for global value messaging and dossier.
- Partners with internal and external cross-functional groups (Medical Affairs, Compliance, Regulatory, Development, and Product Portfolio Management) and external (Ad Agency, Market Research agency) to ensure consistent goals, strategies, and efforts to best serve the global physician and patient communities
- Represent commercial organization on the product Core Team/Lifecycle Team to maximize current and future franchise/product value.
- Represents CLN2 brand as needed for executive presentations.
- Develops and manage a cost center budget to support the needs and resources required to manage the function and programs
- Provides strategic direction on LRP forecasts, budgets and overall resources for franchise
- Manage, coach and support career growth development of direct reports
25% travel required.
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- 10+ years of professional marketing experience in biotechnology or pharmaceuticals
- Track record of leadership success interacting at all levels of a matrix organization, cross-functionally and cross-geography
- Strong collaboration, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Operates quickly and decisively in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Has Leadership experience with direct reports
- Orphan/ultra orphan disease experience
- Pre-launch and product launch experience
- Global marketing experience in biotechnology and/or pharmaceuticals
- Experience interacting with key opinion leaders and patient advocacy groups
- Bachelors degree, preferably in business or life sciences
- MBA preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee may frequently be required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Rare Opportunities. Personal Impact.We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.