Sr. Associate, Global Program Management (TEMPORARY)Location San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
*** Remote work until restrictions are lifted ***
OVERVIEW: PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Global Program Management (GPM) is responsible for providing best-in-class project
management practices to optimize Global Core Teams, Clinical Development Teams, Study
Execution Teams and other key partner teams, the development and execution of robust
strategic and operational plans, teamwork, decision-making and communication. Included
within this responsibility is oversight of and participation in key IT platforms, systems,
applications, and processes supporting both project and portfolio needs within GPM and
Product Portfolio Development (PPD).
The position within Global Program Management is responsible for maintaining multiple
systems, e.g. Worldwide Research and Development (WWRD) timeline system and other PPD
systems, applications, tools and reports. In addition, this role will help support all software
platforms, applications, and tools used by PPD as well as build custom Power BI reports and
implement automated tools via Power Apps & Power Automate. The position will be expected
to partner effectively within a matrix environment, demonstrate a proactive approach in
identifying technical risks and issues, and support the development of best practices.
Able to liaise with stakeholders in a highly matrixed environment
to work and address system and process related requests, issues,
• Able to independently manage technical projects.
• Understands fundamentals of the Biotech business model.
• Understands the fundamentals and process for developing user
requirements and other attendant work processes needed to
support systems/applications within a functional area(s)
• Understands the elements of change management and is able to
effectively implement change management
• Adapts and shows resilience in the face of complex, confusing
and changing environment in order to continuously develop new
responses and approaches.
Administration • Demonstrates strong working knowledge of systems/applications
in use within PPD, (Power BI, Power Automate, Power Apps,
Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft Teams, MS Project Online,
• Proficient and is comfortable using DAX/PowerQuery formulas
and scripts in Power BI and Power Apps.
• Demonstrates knowledge of industry best practices as related to
systems/applications in use by PPD
• Understands the fundamentals of how systems/applications/tools
are used within team business operating models
• Able to independently perform majority of administrative duties
(e.g., grant permissions, add users, etc.) spanning across the
team business operating model (portfolio and product)
• Capable of system administration
• Advocate for and actively contributing to synergistic relationships
• Ability to independently resolve many technical issues
• Ability to consult and influence internal IT and vendor support
• Demonstrates sound judgement in the application of technologies
• Ability to work within time constraints and manage multiple tasks
against critical deadlines.
• Ability to perform basic problem solving and apply critical thinking,
deductive reason and inductive reasoning to identify solutions.
• Exposure to dimensional data modeling and data warehousing
• Perform source data analysis data profiling, validation, conceptual
and logical data modeling, etc. to determine the suitability of the
source data for meeting the reporting requirements
• 3+ years focused experience specifically on Power Platform
Development in PowerApps, Flow, and CDS
• Automating business processes with Microsoft Flow
• Able to quickly visualize data and build dashboards using MS
Demonstrate foundational skills in communication, problem solving and decision making as
well as proactivity, influencing, and persuasion. An ability to successfully work within a highly
matrixed environment will be essential. Experience defining user requirements preferred.
Technical skills preferred: Advanced computer skills, Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate,
MS Project Online, MS Office, O365/SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, MS Teams, OnePager Pro).
- BA/BS degree (Preferred: Computer Science, Communication, Project Management)
- Minimum of 5 years total relevant technical experience (excluding academia);
Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical Industry preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.