Associate Director – PKU, Global Brand ManagementLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Position: PKU Associate Director– Global Brand Management
The Global Brand Management Team includes the lysosomal storage disorder (LSD) franchise (including Naglazyme for MPS VI, VIMIZIM for Morquio A, Brineura for CLN2 Disease); the PKU Franchise with Kuvan and Palynziq (launched in 2018 in US and approved in EU in 2019) and a compound in gene therapy BMN 307 in pre-clinical; a launch phase program for the treatment of achondroplasia; and commercial leadership for our early stage programs
PKU, a rare metabolic disorder that can lead to serious neurological consequences, has been a bedrock for BioMarin for more than 15 years.
The candidate will be part of a global team with a key focus on the success of the franchise by maximizing the PKU portfolio. The PKU portfolio is diverse in lifecycle with Kuvan® at a mature phase, Palynziq in launch and growth and our investigational gene therapy BMN 307 in early clinical research. Each stage offers a unique opportunity to work with our products as we face generic entrance on the market, a first for BioMarin in PKU, global launch and growth of Palynziq with focus on adolescents, readiness for its investigational gene therapy BMN 307 and strategy.
- Collaborate with regional brand management teams and other stakeholders to develop, communicate, and align on global commercial strategies and tactics for the franchise. Facilitate information and best brand management practice exchange across regional teams
- Partner closely with brand team and cross functional partners to support existing strategy and evaluate new life-cycle management opportunities within the PKU franchise.
- Partner with Global Commercial operations to build and maintain quantitative patient-based revenue models to evaluate strategic opportunities that maximize the current and future value that BioMarin can offer.
- Support the cross-functional brand team in designing and executing advisory boards and market research projects that expand our understanding of the market and patient needs.
- Monitor adherence to workstream KPIs and continually evaluate and communicate team progress to the broader organization
- Effectively manage the partnership between GBM and agencies, suppliers and/or vendors for assigned initiatives within timelines and budgets
- Ensure operational excellence and compliant activation of all key deliverables
- Effectively managing multiple agency partners to produce deliverables within timelines and budgets
- Develop and deliver presentations to a range of internal (executives, global leadership team, sales, cross functional colleagues, etc.) and external audiences
- Work closely with PRC/MMRC to manage timelines and ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and policies
- Passion for and genuine commitment to supporting rare disease communities
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years pharmaceutical/biotech marketing experience; field experience a plus
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 7+ years of experience with pre-launch preparation and successful launch and lifecycle management
- Expert in HCP engagement – mapping, collaboration, and development
- Experience managing agencies including advertising, digital, and market research
- Experience in managing project budgets and timelines
- Flexible, action-oriented, with strong planning, communication, and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to question and evaluate, make recommendations (written and presentations), and participate in constructive dialogue
- Ability to partner appropriately and build consensus across department and the organization
- Proactive and agile, able to work independently and as part of a high-functioning team
- Background and persona to inspire other colleagues on the team as well as gain their respect
- Willingness to travel domestically, some internationally 20-25% of the time
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.