Associate Director - North America Hemophilia – Gene TherapyLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Associate Director, North America Hemophilia – Gene Therapy will be responsible for the development and execution of critical strategies and tactics that ensure optimal positioning, demand, utilization, and launch of BMN 270. BMN270 is an investigational gene therapy product for Hemophilia A and is currently in Phase 3 trials. This role requires tactical, operational, organizational, problem solving, communications, and project management skills. Strong results orientation and a sense of urgency to get things done are critical. This professional is a disciplined risk-taker that embraces innovative approaches, and is comfortable in an entrepreneurial and growing commercial organization. This role will report to the Director, HCP Marketing.
- Lead discussion and core materials through the internal review and approval process
- Partner with the NORAM Consumer Team and other internal stakeholders to develop cohesive and cross-functional plans to ensure a successful launch of BMN270
- Drive the development and execution of NORAM HCP plans including, but not limited to:
- Development and execution of all professional materials
- HCP Website development, maintenance, localization, and overall strategy
- Alongside the Director, support KOL tactics; including but not limited to ad boards, educational tactics, and promotional sponsorships
- Lead the NORAM HCP congress plan and presence for the Hemophilia Business
- Booth strategy, expert promotional events, etc.
- Support the development of the strategic business plan and lead the tactical plan
- Proactively evaluates/assesses the relevant market landscape, monitoring changes in market dynamics, competition, HCP practices and needs, as well as other related factors
- Support and manage internal and external cross-functional groups as well as external vendors to insure integration and consistency of professional business strategies and regulatory compliance of materials
- Operate quickly and decisively in a fast-paced, demanding launch environment
- Position requires approximately 35% travel
- 5+ years of professional marketing experience with 3+ years of pharmaceutical product marketing experience
- Must have strong planning and organization skills.
- Ability to interact with customers – KOLs
- Pre-launch and/or launch experience
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products
- Hemophilia experience is a plus
- Strong communication, collaboration, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including market research, advertising, digital, external and internal partners.
- Bachelors, preferably in life sciences or business
- MBA, strongly preferred