Associate Director, North America Brand Management – PKU Patient Marketing LeadLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
TheNorth America Brand Management organization supports this corporate vision through developing and implementing brand strategy thatdrives growth while supporting the core BioMarin values of patient centricity, innovation, ethics, respect, accountability, and continuous learning. ThisAssociate Director, North America Brand Management- PKU Patient Marketing Lead will be responsible for overarching strategy and execution for our patient marketing and education for PALYNZIQ and KUVAN in the U.S. and Canada. This brand management leader will have one direct report on the PKU patient marketing team, and will report directly to the Executive Director, North America Brand Management.
Demonstrated strategic and tactical marketing, organizational, problem solving, communications, and project management skills are required as well asenthusiasm to collaborate in a thriving team environment. Strong results orientation and a sense of urgency to get things done are critical.This professional should be a disciplined individual that embraces innovative approaches, and is comfortable in a nimble and growing commercial organization. The Associate Director, PKU Patient Marketing must be creative and adaptable to unique and changing situations, be goal-oriented, know how to set aggressive, achievable targets, and motivate internal teams as well as third-party vendors and agencies. A strong passion for supporting patients with Rare Disease through compelling marketing and educational programs is essential.
- Active member of North America PKU brand team (KUVAN and PALYNZIQ)
- PKU Patient strategy, messaging, and tactical implementation lead, in collaboration with other member of the PKU patient marketing team who reports into this marketing lead
- Leadership of strategic and tactical planning for patient marketing and programs
- Collaboration with other PKU marketing team members (e.g., HCP marketers, channel marketer) for PKU Brand Management team meetings
- Collaboration with cross-functional team members (e.g., sales, field based clinical support, HUB, market access, compliance, medical) for full Brandteam meeting preparation and execution
- Frequent cross-functional collaboration with multiple internal groups (e.g., compliance, sales, field based clinical support, market access, medical, commercial learning and development, marketing operations, etc.), including being the marketing team point person for the PKU Field Based Clinical Support team (~50 allied health professionals supporting patient education on safe and effective use of PALYNZIQ and KUVAN, as well as disease state education)
- Presentation of key activities and initiatives to Brand team and Commercial executive management, as needed
- Collaboration with marketing team to prepare annual brand plan and associated budgets, including leadership of patient marketing and education strategy and development of tactical plan
- Leadership (strategic and operational) of the PKU digital landscape, including patient-focused web and social properties for the PKU team (e.g., PKU.com website, PKU.com facebook, PKUProud Instagram, PKU YouTube, Palynziq branded facebook, Palynziq.com, and Kuvan.com)
- Partner with Digital Community team for optimal planning and execution
- Strategy and implementation of additional digital assets for patients (e.g., email campaigns, videos, adherence programs and campaigns)
- Strategy and execution of Facebook live event series (branded (Palynziq) and unbranded)
- Coordination with advertising agencies and internal graphic designers on the development, execution, and maintenance of KUVAN and PALYNZIQ patient materials
- Plan appropriate rollout and training of patient materials during POA meetings for live and/or webex training, in collaboration with Commercial Learning and Development Team
- Plan and lead Advisory Boards and Market Research with the PKU patient community for insight collection to drive brand strategy
- Coordination of submissions and approvals of promotional materials (for KUVAN, PALYNZIQ and disease state patient materials) to Promotional Review Board (PRB) review process; sit on PRB team as the commercial reviewer and approver for PKU patient facing materials
- Active member of the Global PKU Brand Team, representing North America Patient Marketing, including attendance at ongoing global team meetings and annual brand/business planning events
- Active member of the Global Digital Strategy Team, representing North America PKU Brand Management
- Minimum of 8years of relatedexperience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, preferably within Rare Disease.
- Orphan drug experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with strategic and executional marketing required, including direct to patient marketing
- Industry sales experience beneficial, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environmentis critical.
- Strong facilitation and leadership skills required
- Ability tointeract with/positively influence all levels of business across multiple departments.
- Strong analytical skills, solid general business skills and a good understanding of the US pharmaceutical markets.
- Excellentproject management, attention to detailand executionalexperiencea must-have.
Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
This job requires 20-30% travel (domestic).