Associate Director - Market Insights and Education, Hemophilia Gene TherapyLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Associate Director - Market Insights and Education, Hemophilia Gene Therapy, is responsible for marketing and brand management related to BioMarin’s flagship gene therapy program. The position is a unique opportunity to lead and develop innovative HCP, patient and advocacy initiatives to drive the success of the brand. This position requires a mix of strategic acumen, adaptability to a unique therapeutic area, and a willingness to roll-up your sleeves and drive projects from concept to execution.
This key role within the BMN-270 North America commercial team is focused on driving pre-launch and launch preparations for an innovative hemophilia A gene therapy, currently being evaluated in Ph III clinical trials. The position spans many areas including market insights, strategy and market development, commercial planning, and the creation and implementation of innovative brand tactics. The ideal candidate will have hemophilia and/or rare disease marketing experience, and competitive launch experience, including a strong understanding of and respect for this empowered community of patients, patient advocates and health care providers. This individual will identify critical business issues and opportunities for growth, collaborate with commercial and cross-functional teams, and help develop and drive strategies and pull through patient tactics from start to finish, to prepare for the successful launch of BMN-270.
- Collaboratively engage with the North American (NORAM) community stakeholders including Key Opinion Leaders, nurses, patient advocacy groups, caregivers and patients to ensure integration of their perspectives into all plans
- Develop NORAM commercial strategies and tactics to support BMN-270; specifically focus on Congress planning and activities and development of a Speakers Bureau.
- Lead market development activities and pre-launch market insight projects including patient and HCP conference management (local, regional, national), peer to peer activities, market research, advisory boards and other key projects as assigned
- Liaise with global and regional commercial, medical affairs and other functional colleagues to gain alignment on objectives, advance projects from inception to completion, and ensure pull-through
- Day-to-day agency interactions and management of key deliverables
- Passion for and genuine commitment to supporting hemophilia and/or rare disease communities
- 5+ years of Marketing experience in pharmaceutical/biotech; field and/or market access experience a plus
- KOL development and HCP marketing experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to think and communicate strategically and drive projects from start to finish; demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves
- Successful experience collaborating with and facilitating project teams including cross-functional communication and decision making, while ensuring strong stakeholder alignment
- Strong analytical, problem solving and contingency planning skills
- Proactive and agile, able to work independently and as part of a high-functioning team
- Experience managing project budgets and timelines
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Confident and influential presenter, adept at engaging senior leadership
- Willingness to travel domestically, some internationally, +/- 25%+ time
- Hemophilia and rare disease pre-launch preparation and successful launch experience; gene therapy experience a plus
- Previous experience as a US marketer
- Previous experience leading/influencing cross-functional stakeholders (sales, medical, operations, etc) required
- Experience marketing new technologies/MoAs and/or novel therapies
- History of meaningful collaborations with health care professionals
- Experience managing agencies including advertising, digital, and market research
- Bachelors, Arts or Science
- MBA preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.