Associate Director, Investor Relations (Biotech/Healthcare Experience Required)Location San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Senior Manager or Associate Director of IR (title will be determined based on experience level of candidate)
Role reports directly to VP of Investor Relations at BioMarin.
In conjunction with VP/IR, this role manages the design and assists in the execution of the corporate investor strategy. Eventually acts as one of a primary contacts for the investment community. Supports the organization's overall investor relations objectives.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with VP/IR and senior executives to develop and execute a comprehensive suite of IR programs and strategies to enhance the perception, awareness and visibility of BioMarin within the investment and biotechnology/pharmaceutical communities
- Assist in preparing materials for quarterly earnings calls, including conference call scripts, earnings slides and press releases
- Manage IR section of corporate website and corporate overview presentation
- Actively participate as an integral member of management team in meetings with the Financial Community
- Help organize, plan, attend and track Company road shows, presentations, speaking engagements, conferences and annual Research & Development Day
- Assist with the preparation and execution of the Annual Meeting of Stockholders, working closely with the Legal team, including participation in proxy solicitation
- Manage the BioMarin investor database
- Become the primary contact and resource for fielding investor calls, requests for information, and shareholder questions
- Manage third party vendors and resources
Proficiency and Expectations
The ideal candidate must have prior experience in investor relations (and ideally public affairs/corporate communications), working with a publicly-traded bio-pharmaceutical or healthcare company.Education and General Requirements:
- Requires a BA/BS or higher degree, in a related discipline with appropriate work experience
- 5-7 years of total relevant work experience in investor/media relations and/or communications/marketing
- A scientific and/or financial background is a plus
- Public Company Investors Relations experience
- Experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry in successfully managing all or a significant part of the Investor Relations function Excellent written, verbal, computer and social media knowledge and skills Highly motivated individual who can successfully work independently in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Confidence in communicating with sophisticated investors, company executives, the scientific community and the media