Associate Director – Hemophilia Gene Therapy Global MarketingLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This key role within the BMN-270 commercial team is focused on driving pre-launch preparations for an innovative hemophilia A gene therapy, currently being evaluated in Ph III clinical trials. The position spans many areas including strategy and market development, commercial planning, and the creation of core brand assets. The ideal candidate will already have hemophilia experience, including a strong understanding of and respect for the empowered community of patients, patient advocates and dedicated health care providers. This individual will identify critical business issues and opportunities for growth, collaborate with commercial and cross-functional teams, and help develop and drive strategies to prepare for the successful launch of valoctacogene roxoparvovex.
- Collaboratively engage with global community stakeholders including healthcare professionals, patient advocacy groups and patients to ensure integration of their perspectives into all plans
- Develop global commercial strategies and tactics to support valoctacogene roxoparvovex
- Lead market development and pre-launch projects including brand development, annual brand planning, conference management and other key projects as assigned
- Liaise with global and regional commercial, medical affairs and other functional colleagues to gain alignment on objectives, advance projects from inception to completion, and ensure pull-through
- Day-to-day agency interactions and management of key deliverables
- Passion for and genuine commitment to supporting hemophilia and/or rare disease communities
- Ideally 10+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech marketing experience and 3+ years of hemophilia product management experience
- Demonstrated ability to think and communicate strategically
- Successful experience collaborating with and facilitating project teams including cross-functional communication and decision making, while ensuring strong stakeholder alignment
- Strong analytical, problem solving and contingency planning skills
- Proactive and agile. Able to work independently and as part of a high-functioning team
- Experience managing project budgets and timelines
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Confident and influential presenter, adept at engaging senior leadership
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, +/- 25%+ time
- Hemophilia pre-launch preparation and successful launch experience
- Experience marketing new technologies/MoAs and/or novel therapies
- History of meaningful collaborations with patient advocacy groups and health care professionals
- International/global marketing experience; keen understanding of global markets
- Experience managing agencies including advertising, digital, and market research
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in life sciences or economics
- MBA preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.