Associate Director, Global Training Content Lead, Disease State, Product, Value and AccessLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
Our Commercial organization leads our global sales and marketing strategies around the world. Our integrated team continues to solidify BioMarin’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
Fostering a culture of continuous learning the Associate Director, Global Disease/Product/Value and Access Training Content will create and manage the training content and curriculum for BioMarin brands globally and act as a catalyst for enhanced business performance by integrating and aligning learning strategy with brand objectives and finding efficiencies across regions, markets and cross-functional teams.This is one of two new roles within Global Product Strategy to establish a global commercial capability to be leveraged across our markets and regions. The ideal candidates will anticipate training needs based on commercial priorities and develop targeted learning initiatives that equip our teams, optimize performance and have a sustaining impact. This individual will have core capabilities in: Curriculum Development, Training and Development, Blended Learning, Project Management, and Product Launch.
Working in close partnership with Commercial Brand Leaders, Marketing Excellence, Regional Learning and Development, and Medical Affairs Learning and Development, this individual will enhance technical capabilities of our commercial teams by delivering fit-for-purpose and PRB-endorsed brand-related content/curriculum across commercial teams for local deployment.
This role will report to the Vice President, Global Product Strategy - Portfolio Strategy and Commercial Capabilities, and have a high degree of visibility across commercial leadership, regional partners, and medical affairs. The individual(s) will be self-motivated, proactive, and tenacious, used to a working in a collaborative, fast paced environment, with a willingness to pivot when necessary to meet the changing needs of the Business. The individual should have excellent planning, prioritizing and organizational skills.
The applicant will work as part of a wider global team in development and delivery of new materials, specifically for the next Product Launch. Therefore, it is advantageous to have prior experience of asset creation in a collaborative approach across a core team of multiple internal stakeholders, including: Regional Trainers, Marketing, Market Access, Scientific Affairs and other relevant internal subject matter experts as may be necessary to deliver a quality product.
The ideal applicant will have a strong understanding of the importance of Product Messaging arising from a prior career in commercialization of pharmaceutical products, eg Company Field Representative/MSL/Brand Management role.
- Establishes strong cross-functional relationships across the product, marketing, and existing internal training teams to develop a scalable global training program that meets launch and life cycle management goals of key global customers
- Lead the development and maintenance of core training content across our brands for all appropriate commercial teams (sales and non-sales); including disease state content, brand content, value and access content, and ensure content curriculum is aligned to brand objectives. Responsible for creating the annual global training plan that aligns to Brand Plan
- Working in close collaboration with Global Marketing, Regional Learning and Development, Global Compliance and Ethics, and Global Medical Affairs, ensure global training content is fit for purpose for regional deployment with minimal customization; including
- Compliant deployment according to good auditing practices and record keeping in Company wide LMS
- Assets for remote/self study
- Assets for Face to Face Training
- Market Access-Specific Content Creation
- Working closely with digital operations and compliance, establish a common platform capability, repository and process for content management within Veeva, accessible and customizable by regions.
- Leads on the compliant design, creation, submission (to Veeva PromoMats), cataloguing/storage, deployment, maintenance, and lifecycle management of large volumes of training content. This includes working with external medical writing agencies, providing the vision and direction to ensure continuity of internal branding across the therapy areas and consistency of quality of the individual assets within and across therapy areas. Meticulous attention to detail, excellent proof-reading skills and the ability to robustly assess and review scientific content to a high level
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to develop and assess global learning indicators in disease, brand, and brand messaging to advance brand performance; evaluate program metrics, monitor learning gaps; provide insights dashboard to commercial leadership
- Identifies best practices in early markets and cultivates an environment of best practice sharing for the benefit of later launch markets
- Creates synergies across the teams to create cost savings collaboration and to avoid duplication of efforts
- Supports team members to achieve a customer-focused and performance-driven culture that supports Innovation, simplification, measurement, and excellence in learning development and delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent, advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of a blend of pharmaceutical experience, with 5 years of Training, Brand or Sales experience
- Demonstrated vision around innovation in learning and priorities needed for successful commercial learning and selling skills programs
- Proven ability to identify opportunities for learning and performance to yield measurable business outcomes
- Expert knowledge of Learning Sciences, Instructional Design, Modern Learning Experience Tools and Methodologies
- Proven ability to establish and monitor learning and performance measures, analyzing trends to adjust learning strategy and design as needed
- Demonstrated competency in working with/collaborating with medical learning & development and science liaison teams
- Ability to understand brand strategy and related strategic imperatives and develop learning that clearly conveys and pulls-through that strategy at the field level
- Ability to effectively lead in a cross-functional and virtual team environment, providing direction and guidance to team members with varied and complementary responsibilities
- Experience working with/in global (ex-US) markets
- Business travel is required to support business needs
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 148,000 to $ 222,000 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.