Associate Director, Global Program ManagementLocation San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Global Program Management (GPM) is responsible for providing best-in-class program management practices to optimize Global Core Teams, Clinical Development Teams, Study Teams, Global Patient Advocacy and Engagement (GPAE), Research, and other key partner teams, the development and execution of robust strategic and operational plans, teamwork, decision-making and communication. GPM is committed to driving innovative program and portfolio management to expedite the advancement of drugs for rare disease.
The AD Program Manager position is a key transitional role to becoming a leader in the organization. An AD. PM is an excellent communicator, skilled in guiding teams through problem solving and coming to decisions by applying a logical, solution focused approach. An AD PM is able to balance leading PM activities on a number of more complicated projects and studies through efficient utilization of program management skills and a good understanding of clinical drug development and study design
The AD Program Manager will be responsible for independently executing on program management activities supporting key cross functional teams to ensure achievement of key deliverables such as operational plans timelines, budget, risk and issue management in collaboration with the respective Team Leader.
Following demonstrated success in the role, the AD PM may have the opportunity to take on projects with increasing complexity and/or scope.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- STRATEGY AND PLANNING
- Collaborate with Team Leaders to enable team development and follow-through of programs and program plans.
- Facilitate team development and management of Program Risk Mitigation Plan ensuring execution and alignment of risk mitigation efforts.
- Build, maintain and control the cross functional timeline for the execution of a programs plans and/or protocol execution - highlight dependencies, milestones, deliverables, and critical path; create timeline scenarios as needed and facilitate cross-functional reviews.
- Identify and leverage interdependencies in short-, mid-, and long-term program and study plans.
- Ensure functions are tracking to key deliverable and milestone timelines.
- Advocate and drive for overall project execution quality – Propose, facilitate and implement plans to resolve issues and execute corrective actions.
- Organize and facilitate team meetings in collaboration with the Team Leads - develop meeting agendas, issue meeting minutes, and track action items to completion with cross-functional Leads.
- In collaboration with team leads, identify, communicate, and escalate program-wide interdependencies, issues, perspectives, and key decisions
- Communicate objectives, plans and timelines to the teams
- Ensure execution of actions based on metrics and vendor issues.
- Contribute to and facilitate the development of appropriate metrics for teams
- Lead ad-hoc working groups that result from teams’ needs.
- Develop and manage steering committee meetings or advisory boards in collaboration with Clinical Sciences and Data Sciences
- Work with Team Leaders to coordinate cross-functional activities
- In conjunction with Center of Operational Excellence/Process Improvement (COE), coordinate conducting Lessons Learned initiatives for the teams
The AD Program Manager should demonstrate advanced skills in communication, problem solving and decision making as well as proactivity, influencing and persuasion. An ability to successfully mediate conflict, develop rapport with decision makers, and solve problems in a big-picture and stakeholder-supported way will be essential.
Individuals in this role are also expected to have solid strategic planning skills and advanced program management, drug development and franchise/therapeutic area knowledge, which enables advocacy for study and program team alignment to corporate goals.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in a scientific or technical field. Experience in lieu of education accepted.
- Minimum of 8+ years total relevant experience (including industry, project management, or academia), 5+ years in a project management role and PMP certification a plus.
- 0-2 years of experience in people management.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.