Associate Director, Global PKU Franchise Brand ManagementLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin leads the biotechnology industry in delivering therapies for chronic and degenerative genetic conditions that reduce patients' quality of life and shorten life spans. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. BioMarin focuses on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind and make a big difference in improving patients' lives.
The Global Brand Management Team includes Naglazyme for MPS VI, VIMIZIM for Morquio A, Brineura for CLN2 Disease, Kuvan and Palynziq (launched in 2018 in US and recently approved in EU) and a compound in gene therapy BMN 307 in pre-clinical.
The Associate Director (AD), Global PKU Franchise will have as key responsibility Palynzyq and the development and execution of critical strategies and tactics that ensure optimal growth of the product in this delicate post launch phase. He/she will gather insights from markets in where currently available to inform strategies and actions for the upcoming markets as well as inform the lifecycle and long range plan for the product. The AD will represent Commercial within the cross-functional Palynzyq Core Team. This individual will also contribute to activities within the global PKU franchise including Kuvan and any relevant project to ensure BMN 307 readiness.
This role requires strategic, tactical, organizational, operational, problem solving, communications, and project management skills. Strong results orientation, attention to details with the ability to promptly translates identified needs into actions. Critical for the role are being a team player with a strong ability to influence team members and the sense of urgency to get things done. This professional is a disciplined risk-taker that embraces innovative approaches and is able to move them forward quickly demonstrating strong accountability and is comfortable in an entrepreneurial and growing commercial organization. The PKU, AD must be creative and adaptable to unique and changing situations while being a strong team player, be goal-oriented, know how to set aggressive, achievable targets, and motivate and influence internal cross-functional teams as well as third-party vendors and agencies. The AD, PKU will report to the Senior Director Global PKU Franchise Lead.
- Support the growth of the Palynzyq business globally
- Ensure a closeness and commercial influence on the lifecycle plan of the product with a specific focus on key studies, activities that drive growth
- Commercial PoC in Core Team
- Liaise and tactically support the four PKU regional brand and marketing teams; proactively consider regional differences, regional regulations and cultural norms
- Actively contributes in all PKU Franchise activities that will drive the growth and success
- Strategically contribute in the development of global brand plans for the franchise including, but not limited to:
- Franchise PKU Core Communication Platform with a specific focus on Palyzyq section
- Development and execution of Brand Book (core visual aid, creative campaign) with HCP and patient messaging and materials including Global PRB submission and review process
- Contribution to BOI, DSE initiatives within the team
- Support for external customer activities including but not limited to ad boards, educational tactics, and promotional sponsorships
- Support the global congress plan and presence for the PKU Franchise, and in close collaboration with other genetic and metabolic franchise programs and regional marketing teams.
- Booth strategy, expert promotional events, peer to peer meetings, masterclass etc.
- Proactively evaluates/assesses the relevant market landscape, monitoring changes in market dynamics, competition, clinician and patient practices and needs, as well as other related factors
- Support and manage internal and external cross-functional groups as well as external vendors to insure integration and consistency of professional business strategies and regulatory compliance of materials
- Operate quickly and decisively in a fast-paced, demanding launch environment
- Position requires approximately 35% travel, including global travel
- 5+ years of life science experience with 2+ years of pharmaceutical product marketing experience
- Must have strong planning and organization skills.
- Ability to interact with customers – KOLs, patients and advocacy groups
- Pre-launch and/or launch experience
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, payer and other dynamics affecting Pharmaceutical Products
- International experience
- Strong communication, collaboration, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence and navigate the matrix
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including market research, advertising, digital, external and internal partners.
- Bachelors, preferably in life sciences or business
- MBA, strongly preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.