Associate Director – Global Brand Management, Lysosomal Storage Disease (LSD) FranchiseLocation San Rafael, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join our global brand management team to lead global commercial strategy to shorten diagnostic odyssey for patients and families with rare diseases.
The Lysosomal Storage Disease (LSD) franchise is currently BioMarin’s largest and is comprised of our flagship brands: Naglazyme, Vimizim and Brineura This position will join the Global Brand Management team and is dedicated to global strategies and tactics to support the LSD franchise growth, with a focus on Brineura and key projects across the franchise. This leadership role will drive and manage the CLN2/Brineura global brand strategy by working collaboratively with regional brand management and cross-functional departments. Reports to the Senior Director of the Global LSD Franchise.
Demonstrated strategic, operational, problem solving, communications, and project management skills are required. Strong results orientation and a sense of urgency to get things done are critical. Must be creative and adaptable to unique and changing situations and be able to motivate internal cross-functional teams as well as third-party vendors and agencies. Strong cross collaboration and teamwork skills are essential.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead the development of global commercial strategies and tactics for CLN2/Brineura. Collaborate with regional brand management teams and other stakeholders to develop, communicate and align on business priorities to manage global market growth in new and existing markets. Facilitate information and best brand management practice exchange across regional teams.
- Collaborate on key projects across the LSD portfolio to support franchise growth and corporate priorities.
- Partner closely with brand team and cross functional partners (particularly, Medical Affairs and Market Access) to support strategy and identify opportunities for continued growth.
- Represent Commercial on the Brineura Core team, and ensure commercial priorities are identified and supported.
- Identify and act upon key metrics to evaluate and communicate success if key strategic initiatives.
- Effectively manage the partnership between GBM and agencies, suppliers and/or vendors for assigned initiatives within timelines and budgets
- Ensure operational excellence and compliant activation of all key deliverables
- Effectively managing multiple agency partners to produce deliverables within timelines and budgets
- Develop and deliver presentations to a range of internal (executives, US leadership team, sales, cross functional colleagues, etc.) and external audiences
- Work closely with PRB/MMRC to manage timelines and ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and policies
- Passion for and genuine commitment to supporting rare disease communities
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years pharmaceutical/biotech marketing experience; field sales experience a plus
- Global marketing experience in biotechnology and/or pharmaceuticals preferred
- Experience in rare disease markets a plus
- Experience in HCP engagement – mapping, collaboration and development
- Experience managing agencies including advertising, digital, and market research
- Experience in managing project budgets and timelines
- Strong influencing skills critical in this global and cross functional role
- Flexible, action-oriented, with strong planning, communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to question and evaluate, make recommendations (written and presentations), and participate in constructive dialogue
- Ability to partner appropriately and build consensus across department and the organization
- Proactive and agile, able to work independently and as part of a high-functioning team
- Background and persona to inspire other colleagues on the team as well as gain their respect
- Willingness to travel domestically, some internationally 25% of the time
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.