Associate Director, Digital Marketing – VOXZOGO & ERTs (TEMPORARY)Location San Rafael, California Apply
Our Commercial organization leads our global sales and marketing strategies around the world. Our integrated team continues to solidify BioMarin’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
THIS POSITION IS HYBRID
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Global Product Strategy team and embed digital strategy into BioMarin brands. With a goal of strengthening our global brands and capabilities, this role is key to ensuring a holistic approach to customer engagement. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of digital strategy and channels that will help brands engage our customers and have a strong sense of how to translate marketing content strategy into digital strategy and planning within Global Product Strategy.
The Global Digital Marketing Associate Director will support our brands in achondroplasia and enzyme replacement therapy with a primary focus on growing awareness of the disease and treatment options through scalable online/web marketing and paid media programs. This Associate Director will partner with our integrated brand team and key markets closely to enhance marketing impact to drive revenue growth. This role will partner with marketing to turn our brand content strategies into multichannel customer engagement strategies grounded in understanding of customer journeys and archetypes. They will be responsible for driving the strategy for website and online strategy, paid media channels, digital campaign performance, SEO, and digital conversion success.
The Associate Director, Global Digital Marketing will report to the VP, Digital Marketing and Transformation, and will actively partner with the omnichannel operations team and analytics team to turn insights into action. Influence, alignment and collaboration across functions and regions are critical to be successful in this role.
- Deep understanding of multichannel and omnichannel marketing tactics and digital channels, including but not limited to email, websites, webinars/webcasts, digital media programs, paid search, SEO, social media, mobile apps, digital sales aids and measurement/insight generation
- Subject matter expert for internal stakeholders/our agency and the point of contact for cross-functional disciplines (Website ecosystems, PPC, SEO, email, Third-Party vendors, digital strategy, analytics, etc.).Ensure analytics are set up early with Omnichannel Operations and channel vendors supply meaningful timely reports.
- Vendor analysis to include evaluation based on reach, target specialty, country, cost per guarantee / engagement, and prospective ROI
- Multichannel campaign performance analysis, including Return on investment (ROI) per call to action (CTA) / desired action, regular tracking and reporting of the multichannel campaign’s effectiveness
- Create presentations on performance of digital campaigns / channels for communication to upper management
- Provide post-channel engagement analysis and provide actions for improvement for next campaign
- Maintain Global BioMarin multichannel digital standards (websites, SEO, PPC, email and multichannel vendor management) ensuring and efficiency between Marketing, Regional Digital Marketing and Omnichannel Operations.
- Accountable for the digital marketing plan and partnership with Omnichannel Operations to support execution.
- Ability to navigate and partner with numerous teams at the global, regional, local level on the brand side as well as operations/analytics/cross functional partners.
- Responsible for developing and owning a roadmap for achondroplasia and enzyme replacement therapy brands, a “plan on a page”.
- impact and performance.
- Ability to travel 10% of time (domestic and international)
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to assess business results of marketing tactics, define appropriate metrics / KPIs, and maximize value of marketing investment
- Experience managing and driving accountability with multiple agencies of record to develop and execute marketing tactics
- Strong sense of accountability and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment, flexible and adaptable to a changing environment
- Ability to manage multiple demands and priorities on time, gain alignment and drive decision making
- Self-starter who demonstrates energy and enthusiasm, bringing a positive solution-oriented approach to challenges
- Minimum 7-10 years of multichannel/omnichannel marketing strategy, campaign planning, and campaign execution experience
- Pharma/biotech experience strongly preferred
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Google Ad Manager, and other digital analytics platforms
- Proven track record developing and executing omnichannel marketing campaigns to achieve superior results, demonstrating data-driven strategic thinking, experimentation, customer orientation, and operational excellence
- Experience in working directly with digital partners to develop and execute initiatives (eg, Google, third-party media providers, social media community platforms)
- A passion for improving patient and business outcomes and a team player who can influence without authority
- BA/BS in Business or Life Sciences (MBA preferred)
In the U.S, the salary range for this position is $ 76 to $ 100 per hour. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity, and may also vary depending on candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience amongst other factors.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 76 to $ 100 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.