Architect/Land Use PlannerLocation San Rafael, California Apply
BioMarin, a fast growing biotech company, currently has two campuses in Marin County, CAand over a million square feet of offices, labs, and manufacturing facilities. Reporting to the Director of Campus Planning & Design in the Corporate Real Estate & Workplace group, the Architect/ Planner will be assigned to functions related to architectural design, site planning, entitlements, environmental impact reports (EIR) and transportation demand management program (TDM), ensuring that land assets and space are optimized while creating a great workplace for employees.
Responsibilities will include development of site master plans, alternative site analysis, zoning ordinance & code researchanalysis,support of entitlement process, parking allocation & TDM program, massing studies, architectural and landscaping design overview amenities and site infrastructure planning.
This position will manage their relationships and coordinate projects with BioMarin’s internal stakeholders such as Human Resources, Global Security, Facilities Services, Capital Project Management, as well ascustomers. Leading design concept, responsibilities also include developing and updating design as well as signage and branding guidelines, presentation preparationfor internal and external presentations as well as working with Project Teams through design to assure program & design consistency with guidelines.
The ideal candidate will have overall experience with Biotech- Pharma and has knowledge of real estate development in California.
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Architecture, Urban Planning or equivalent.
- Minimum 5years of experience in planning- architecture industry with expertise in land use and site master planning. Experience within corporate environment is preferred.
- A thorough knowledge of zoning ordinances & building codes, standards, and ADA expertise.
- Ability to coordinate consultants & exceptional organizational skills
- Must work well within a fast pace and collaborative environment
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Can work in a flexible and changing environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite specially PowerPoint. Autodesk Building Design Suite experience.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with confidence and professionalism
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects, to set priorities and maintain schedules
- Contract management, experience negotiating project scope and fees
- An understanding of building materials, details, and construction techniques
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.