BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Provide high level administrative support to maintain the efficient functioning of the department, including but not limited to:
1. Responsible for heavy calendar management utilizing MS Outlook. Manage and maintain schedules, ensuring team members’ schedules run smoothly and team members time is being used in the most efficient way possible.
2. Coordinate Meeting Arrangements:
- Schedule meetings with internal and external groups as needed, including organizing all meeting logistics such as availability for attendees, meeting rooms and equipment, online conferencing & troubleshooting and catering as required
3. Coordinate Travel Arrangements:
- Make travel arrangements for all business related travel in accordance with BMRN travel policy (but not limited to- air, hotel, car, as well as visa and passport services)
4. File Expense Reports:
- Process and submit expense reports using the BioMarin’s expense reporting software program (Concur), including reconciliation of both corporate and personal credit accounts used for business purposes. Research and resolve expense report discrepancies.
5. Process company E-forms, including check requests, Contract Data Sheets, Business cards
6. Participates in recruiting efforts by working with HR on scheduling of interviews, coordination of interview schedules and hosting of candidate. Participates in on-boarding activities (IT set up, introductory meetings scheduled, IProcurement, Concur and travel training)
7. Order office supplies, equipment and the processing of invoices/ purchase orders
8. Assist with creating or editing presentations:
- Assist in creating and/revising executive level PowerPoint presentations as may be required from time to time
- Coordinate with IT to resolve computer and other technical issues
- Ensure business related memberships are kept current
- Conference and off-site training registration o Order supplies, books, etc. as needed
- Scanning, printing, filing o Provide other administrative support as required
- Track and follow up on various action items to ensure schedules and due dates are met
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on tasks that are assigned and make sure they are completed on time and at a high level
- Generally think proactively of potential needs and support of senior managers to maximize overall efficiency
- Reliability and consequent follow through on requests is a must.
- Act as back up to other CLS Admin Assistant in support of CLS staff as required
- Minimum of two years related experience.
- Experienced at using standard office software applications, appropriate for the function supported
- Responsive to deadlines, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies/procedure to complete assigned tasks that are typically semi-routine in nature.
- Able to work independently on most tasks, following established guidelines.
Requires instructions only on new assignments
- High school diploma required; AA or BA preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.