Corporate Accounts Payable AssociateLocation San Rafael, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSOCIATE
The Accounts Payable Associate will be responsible for supporting all invoice related inquiries from both our internal and external stakeholders in order to pay our suppliers accurately and timely. This individual will support our U.S. entity and will work closely with many areas of the business including accounting, procurement, tax, treasury and human resources. The final candidate must be a team player and act professionally; and possess a positive attitude with strong communication skills, the ability to think analytically and solve problems, be organized and process oriented and have the initiative to follow things through to completion.
- Process high volume vendor invoices and disbursement requests in a timely and accurate manner. This includes meeting agreed upon payment terms and securing the appropriate payment authorizations based on established policies.
- Comply with the Company’s Procurement and Financial Authority policies within the established internal control environment.
- Respond to vendor inquiries and internal inquiries in an accurate, professional and timely manner.
- Partner with the Purchasing Department and other operating departments to develop standard practices and processes to accommodate new or changing business circumstances as they relate to disbursements and invoicing.
- Thoroughly review and reconcile vendor statements.
- Submit vendor maintenance updates as necessary to ensure supplier information is on file and remains current.
- Review aging and hold reports on a weekly basis to address and resolve past due invoices.
- Audit payment registers and attach supporting documentation in order to comply with internal Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Report inaccurate invoicing entry details on the quality tracker.
- Open and distribute daily incoming mail and email received in the AP general mailbox.
- Identify opportunities and help implement process improvements and or automation.
- Provide excellent and timely customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Organized and reliable.
- Competency in MS Office (outlook, word, excel, powerpoint).
- Oracle ERP experience preferred.
- Power BI experience a plus.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Professional team player.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Flexible to meet changing priorities and the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Accounts Payable knowledge and experience is a plus.
- High volume accounts payable experience in a global organization, within a multi-currency environment a plus.
- Biotech industry experience a plus.
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.