Associate Director Medical Affairs Southern ConeLocation San Isidro, Argentina Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
MEDICAL AFFAIRS MANAGER (SOUTHERN CONE)
This position will provide scientific and medical support for commercial operations in Southern Cone. The individual will coordinate regional participation in investigator and company-sponsored studies of marketed products, will establish relationships internally with BioMarin medical and clinical departments.
Externally, strategic collaborations will be formed with key opinion leaders (KOLs), physicians in the region, and with other healthcare professionals as required. This individual will contribute to the generation and refinement of marketing initiatives and deliverables and provide scientific review for materials produced. Professionally represents the company to outside customers including physicians and other healthcare professionals.
Responsibilities will also include providing scientific and medical training to MSLs and commercial teams in the region.
- Establish a rapport with the physicians and key opinion leaders by acting as a scientific resource and providing a variety of programs and services.
- Analyze and interpret medical literature to compose comprehensive, balanced, medically accurate documents that can be used in internal and external trainings and to respond to unsolicited requests from external customers concerning the use of BioMarin’ s products
- Provide timely medical review and approval of promotional pieces and sales training materials. Ensure that promotional pieces are compliant to the Lat Am PRB S.O.P. as well as regional compliance policies.
- Participate in regulatory, product labeling and marketing teams.
- Develop strong productive relationships with cross functional team members to foster development of medically accurate, innovative, high quality communications that support company strategies
- Support to strategic planning and execution on publications generated in Latin America
- Being involved in the procedures and process that involves Latin America Regulatory, marketing, and commercial partners.
- Responsible for representing BioMarin at scientific, clinical and business development meetings.
- Direct medical writing activities associated with Medical Affairs to ensure accurate execution of, product related slide decks, standard response letters, FAQs as well as corporate abstracts, posters, oral presentation and manuscripts when appropriate.
- Serve as medical and technical resource for clinical issues raised by internal and external collaborators, investigators, consultants, patients and contract resources
- Interact in collaborations with strategic partners
Medical Degree - Neuropediatrician or Geneticist – preferred.
- 2 or more years in pharma industry is mandatory.
- Experience in multi-national organization preferred
- Must have demonstrated sound leadership in the successful management of clinical or medical affairs programs in the bio-pharmaceutical industry
- Must be able to travel 30-40% of time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.