Finance Manager – Southern ConeLocation San Isidro, Argentina Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring adequate financial control of, and supporting BioMarin’s operations in its subsidiaries in Argentina, Chile and other Southern Cone countries if necessary. The Finance Manager Southern Cone reports to the Associate Finance Director, Latin America and will work under a matrix model. The position will be supported by outsourced accounting and service operations in the countries as well as BioMarin’s ERP and financial reporting systems. In addition to control functions, the position will be responsible to oversee accounting operations, accounts payable, financial reporting, and management reporting of expenses in the region.
- Ensure operations and transactions in the region are compliant with BioMarin’s financial and management control policies, including establishing, managing and monitoring relevant processes, record keeping and reporting, and participating in the review, approval and processing at a transaction level. Such policies include: travel and entertainment policy and local finance policies
- Prepare periodic management level reports and analyses to support the management and decision-making responsibilities of Latin America Brazil management team
- Supervise the business-to-business relationships related to finance and control in the region, including accounting services, accounts payable, expense reimbursement and banking
- Be responsible for and ensure the complete and accurate recording and periodic reporting of operational expenses in the region, including appropriate researchand analysis, and reporting packages required by corporate finance in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Act as local Argentinian and Chilean liaison for various tax and treasury tasks and projects, including tax returns, strategic tax projects and bank account administration
- Analyze accounting and finance processes to identify process improvements and internal control enhancements pertinent to Accounting / tax areas for recommendation to local management and corporate finance
- Responsible for directing annual statutory audits and reporting for the Argentinian and Chilean entities.
- Responsible for supporting periodic US corporate Internal Audits in Argentina and Chile.
Responsible for accounting processes in Argentina and Chile
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
- Chartered Accountant certification required.
- Advanced English is mandatory
- 6 years of experience in CO GAAP Accounting, taxes, AR and AP, cash flow, payroll and labor legislation in Colombia
- Knowledge in Chilean accounting and tax processes. It is desirable.
- User of the ERP Oracle Business Suite R12 will be a plus.
- Previous experience in Accounting at a public company and public accounting firm / audit experience
- 2 years Management experience in Finance department
- Computer skills, including Excel, Word, Power Point, GL System
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.