Material Handler IILocation Petaluma, California Workstyle Onsite Only Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Package central receiving & distribution, supporting vivarium lab including remote Buck Institute
- Shipping requirements (Confirm required documentation, prepare, pack-out, for Domestic & International shipments. Includes hazardous & time/temperature sensitive materials)
- Campus Services include daily oversight for replenishing consumables, equipment functionality or par level allotment of food. Specific areas include
- Escorting vendors or visitors when necessary and/or requested, individual will provide oversight of all vendors arriving to PRB. Coordinate with other team members for day to day activities and expectations
- Internal Distribution
- Employee/ organization support
- Special projects
- Daily housekeeping
- Daily metrics data collection and monthly reporting
- Monthly safety meetings
- Monthly safety walkthroughs
- Compliance Wire Trainings including remote IATA & DOT
- EHS&S Near Miss/Good Catch annual requirement
- 1-2 years experience in a GMP warehousing environment
- Forklift experience/license helpful
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s license
- Strong customer service and communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to perform job functions within a dynamic, team-oriented environment
- High School diploma required
- AA/AS or BA/BS in Life Sciences or related discipline preferred
- Working knowledge of desktop computers essential
- Pallet jacks
- Forklifts (Narrow-aisle, fork-truck style lifts)
- 16’-22’ cargo truck(s) and cargo vans
- Interacts with several departments including: Maintenance, Manufacturing, and Process Development
- Interacts on a daily basis with Materials Management staff and
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 46,400 to $ 69,600 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.