Zone 1 Hemophilia Market Access Associate Director/Director, FranceLocation Paris, France Apply
Zone Market Access Associate Director/ Director- France
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have fewtreatment options. BioMarin’s continued focus on advancing therapies that are first and best-in-class therapeutics make a meaningful impact. Placing the patient at the heart of everything we do, our mission surrounds a focus on bringing time critical new treatments to the market, significantly faster than the industry average.
Due to continued growth and an exciting product pipeline, BioMarin are looking to supplement their commercial team with a Zone Market Access A.D/Director to coordinate market access related projects across Western Europe (Zone 1). Responsible for executing activities to support MA, health policy and new product planning for France, Nordics, Iberia, Benelux and some support to UK.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will be focused on project managing the market access process in the retrospective countries across the Zone;developing and managing the pricing and reimbursement process, supporting submissions and shaping the policy environment. This will include working with multiple stakeholders and internal teams in preparation, delivery, sign off and submission of the dossiers, response and advisory boards, together with providing support in due diligence, evidence synthesis and generation initiatives.
- Maintain and manage the pricing and reimbursement process for all in-line and pipeline programs across Germany and Austria.
- Support stakeholders to share understanding of the disease and product value story (clinicians, patient organisations, politicians and payers) via advisory boards
- Support the development of reimbursement dossiers across the region for product launches, with input from pricing, HE and medical teams
- Support a team involved in developing value propositions, supporting outcomes research and health economic studies in collaboration with the wider access and medical teams
- Support local negotiations and discussions with stakeholders, dealing with objections from payer bodies, and respond with compelling value arguments
- Maintenance and updates of current market access tools and information on policy in the zone which could impact on BioMarin’s products
- Liaise with national, regional and global teams to support timely delivery of market access deliverables and priorities
- The ideal candidate will come from a health economics background with substantial pharmaceutical/biotech industry Market Access or relevant Reimbursement experience (preferably 5+ years, ideally in Rare Diseases).
- The successful role holder will have previous field based international exposure, confident in collaborating with the authorities, patient organisations and clinicians across multiple EU countries, interfacing with multiple stakeholders to present a strong value story.
- You will be familiar in working in a matrix organisational structure, bringing together cross-functional colleagues to support market access deliverables
- A strong presence for multiple language skills (French, English and one other at Native level) is highly desirable
- Strong project management capabilities with a structured approach and rounded stakeholder management competences will be expected
- The post holder should be self-reliant, results orientated with a sense of urgency to get things done, confident working independently to find solutions
- Working knowledge of the ABPI code is preferable