Director Medical Affairs France, BeNeLux, NordicsLocation Paris, France Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Director Medical Affairs France, BeNeLux, Nordics
This position is responsible for providing medical support to the Company’s product development strategy and post marketing commitments, while supporting Medical Affairs strategy related to the Independent Research (IR) program. This individual will interface with physicians / clinical investigators, regulatory agencies and internal departments. The Medical Director, (MD) must possess in depth knowledge of BioMarin’s approved products, agents in the pipeline and all associated disease areas. This position will represent the department and company at key internal and external meetings. This positions responsibility may also include providing input on marketing programs and representing BioMarin at scientific, clinical and business development meetings. A close collaboration with the local (commercial) Area Director is also expected.
- The position holder is the key BioMarin Medical Affairs representative for both external and internal customers from the respective region.
- Responsible for development and implementation of the regional MAF strategy in alignment with EMEA and Global Medical Affairs in order to meet the local needs.
- Responsible for the development of a regional Medical Affairs Plan for appropriate products and/or therapeutic areas in harmony with local needs.
- Review of draft IR protocols, reports and manuscripts as well as management of regional IR processes.
- Support regional clinical registries and promotional activities for BioMarin products in accordance with respected regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for direct interaction with investigators.
- KOLs and the research community to support company initiatives within the region consistently with the local plans.
- Representing BioMarin at scientific, clinical and business development meetings.
- Help identify publication opportunities from the region. Promote effective communication between internal and external groups regarding Medical Affairs initiatives.
- Serve as medical and technical resource for clinical issues raised by internal and external collaborators, investigators, consultants and contract resources.
- Interact with relevant thought leaders, scientists and strategic partners within the region.
- Present at training courses, sales conferences, regional and international meetings, etc. to develop high level of medical knowledge within the region.
- Medical input and support in the implementation of international documents within the region.
- Attendance at local and regional congresses and scientific meetings.
- Ability to establish and manage the needs for resources in the region in alignment with the company’s strategy.
- Continuous training on relevant local laws and regulations.
- Ability to work proactively and effectively, with exceptional creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills required.
- Flexibility and pragmatism.
- Scientific curiosity and rigor.
- Personal integrity and patient-centricity.
- Strong business acumen.
- A strong relationship builder and stakeholder manager; within the country; the international region and globally across the BioMarin organisation.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills; an ability to articulate the needs of the region to colleagues globally.
- A robust character; tenacious and focused on key objectives and priorities.
- A flexible mindset combined with a hands-on and can-do attitude; someone who is excited by the breadth and scope of the role.
Education & Experience
- MD, MBBS or equivalent.
- PhD is benefitial.
- Strong industry experience.
- Proven excellence in all aspects of Medical Affairs.
- Knowledgeable and current in GCP guidelines in Europe.
- Excellent understanding of the healthcare systems in the region.
- Experience in rare disease or therapeutic areas of relevance to BioMarin’s portfolio would be an advantage, but is by no means essential. Indeed, experience from other disease areas, particularly areas which have seen considerable disruption recently, would be very attractive.
- Willingness to travel approx. 50% of time (including international travel).
Will be expected to interact on a daily basis with various members of area commercial team, EMEA regional team and Developmental Sciences team, Market Access team.
Will be required to interact with, inter alia, Key Opinion Leaders and representatives of patient associations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.