BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Job title: Country Manager France
Location: Paris, France
State the overall function or purpose of the job.
The CM will be responsible for managing all within-country operations. Responsibilities and functional oversight to include: commercial operations, promotional activities, marketing operations, health care financing health policy and politics.
List the major responsibilities of the job.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with Health Authorities, Reimbursement bodies, key physicians, pharmacists and patient and scientific associates for assigned country
- Monitor health policy changes and take actions to secure the business, as required.
- Oversee all activities related to the marketing, and promotion of BioMarin’s products for assigned countries following local requirements.
- Where applicable, supervision of other staff associated with country of responsibility.
- Manage all aspects of market development in assigned country
- Develop and manage reimbursement planning and successful launch plans for new products and any other products licensed to BioMarin Europe/ International for assigned country
- Manage budgets, forecasts and has commercial operations responsibility for the in-country expenditures in assigned country.
- Report any pharmacovigilance issues with the timelines specified in the relevant SOPs to BioMarin Drug Safety following local and EMEA requirements.
- Provide if requested support to registries
- Collaborate with other CMs when applicable
- Any other assignments given by the zone lead
Quantify the scope or impact of the job in terms of revenue, expenses, capital investment, headcount, etc.
Commercial operation responsibility for assigned countires including revenues, in-country expenses and headcount
State both the minimum and the preferred educational attainment (or equivalent experience), and describe essential and desired subject matter, certifications, special training, etc.
BS/BA degree in business or life sciences
Fluent in English
State both the minimum and the preferred number of years of relevant experience, and describe the essential functions of the job.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in the pharmaceutical market in addition to operations experience.
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience in marketing and sales with proven success at advancing levels of responsibility. Significant knowledge of local reimbursement and pricing policies is an asset.
- Significant understanding of the health care system in the respective countries is an asset.
- Well versed in developing and executing business plans.
- Ability to react to rapidly changing priorities and effectively manage changes to business strategy and execution plans.
- Adapt conceptual thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to lead initiatives, advocate for programs and the ability to present compelling supporting facts and back-up data.
- Excellent communication ability, both verbal and written, at all levels.
- The ability and desire to interact with multidisciplinary teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.