Sr. Supervisor, Warehouse OperationsLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin is a world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
Distribution Supervisor will be responsible for oversight of all distribution activities within the Warehouse Operations team.
Oversight responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Put away, storage and picking of items, while maintaining quality standards and adherence to SOPs.
• Transport and delivery of all GMP and Non GMP material to end-users, this includes performing transport requests and bulk product transfers.
• Maintain accurate inventory records of Approved GMP raw material, component and supplies. Perform inventory cycle counts.
• Process out going shipments of both GMP and Non GMP items as needed.
• Maintain cleanliness and regular maintenance of company vehicles.
• Maintain audit readiness environment by organization and cleanliness of warehouse, docks, GMP material storage, and supply areas.
• Perform training of Material Handlers as required. Maintain training requirements for all staff. Manage employee development.
• Review and update SOP's as needed.
• Identify process improvements and manage implementation.
• May be involved with leading task or projects within department.
• Supports weekend shift activity.
• Compliance with safety guidelines for personnel and material handling equipment such as pallet jacks, company vehicles and lift trucks.
• Maintain department metrics as required.
• Perform other tasks as required.
State both the minimum and the preferred educational attainment (or equivalent experience), and describe essential and desired subject matter, certifications, special training, etc.
• High School Diploma required
• AA/AS or BA/BS in Life Sciences or related discipline preferred
• APICS Certification preferred
• Working knowledge of desktop computers
State both the minimum and the preferred number of years of relevant experience, and describe the essential functions of the job.
• 5+ years of experience in a GMP warehousing environment
• Previous Supervisory experience
• Proficient in SOPs, Oracle/SAP, Microsoft Office, TrackWise, Veeva, CMMS, or similar operating databases
• Must possess a valid California Driver’s license
• Proven leadership skills
• Strong Verbal, Written, and Customer Service communication skills
• Experience in continuous improvement processes
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Describe the work environment characteristics that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
• Independently have the ability to regularly lift, push and/or pull items with a weight of 50 pounds.
• Must be able to perform job functions within a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
• Must be able to work in a safe manner.
• Consists of strenuous, repetitive work.
• May require work around loud equipment.
• The use of personal protective equipment will be required.
Describe any equipment required to perform the job.
• Pallet jacks
• Forklifts (Narrow-aisle and fork-truck style lifts)
• Class C trucks
• Floor Scales and other measuring equipment
• Scan guns
• PC Computer
List the key positions, internal and external, with which the job incumbent must interact.
• Interacts cross functionally with other departments including: Quality, Maintenance, Manufacturing, and Process Development.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.