Sr. Material HandlerLocation Novato, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Sr. Material Handler
Senior Material Handler is responsible for providing leadership, and hands on support in all aspects of GMP and Non GMP warehousing; including proper GMP documentation practices, inventory maintenance procedures, receiving, storing, picking, transport and distribution of GMP and non GMP materials. Shipping of Approved Final Bulk Drug Substance as well as all outgoing non GMP shipments. Material Handler is responsible for providing leadership, and training to other team members.
Senior Material Handler will be flexible and maintain current knowledge of all warehousing process/procedures; this includes GMP and NON GMP areas.
Senior Material Handler will demonstrate the ability to take on task/project related to process improvement, 5S, Audit Ready and department metrics with minimal impact to daily work load
Senior Material Handler will demonstrate a good understanding of EBS system and maintain basic knowledge of transaction being performed. The basic knowledge of transaction being performed refers to knowing what taking place behind the scene in the system (not just performing the transaction).
Senior Material Handler will identify inaccuracy with SOP and provide support with updates. This includes performing redline of SOP and generating CR.
Senior Material Handler assist other with learning procedures and setting a good example with following cGMP practices which includes visible use of SOP’s , safety guidelines and working in an efficient and effective manner.
Senior Material Handler demonstrates leadership and positive attitude with change and challenges within the business. Will take a role and involvement with implementing changes within the area.
- Perform receipts of incoming items.
- Put away, storage and picking of items.
- Transport and delivery of all GMP and Non GMP material to end-users, include transport requests.
- Participate in inventory maintenance of all material in warehouse.
- Maintain accurate inventory records of Approved GMP raw material, component and supplies. Perform inventory and cycle counts.
- Process out going shipment of both GMP and Non GMP items.
- Monitor temperature and humidity chart recorders within the GMP warehouse per established SOP’s.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of GMP approved area and quarantine staging/cage.
- Pick up of returned items (UEC’s, excess inventory, expired material, pallets, etc.).
- Maintain cleanliness of trucks.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of warehouse, all docks, GMP material storage and supply areas.
- Perform training of Material Handlers as required. Generate and maintain proper training documentation.
- Compliance with safety guidelines, especially those directly related to material handling equipment such as pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Perform troubleshooting for system and or receipt/warehousing issues.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Involvement with process improvements and other task/projects.
- Identifies and provides suggestion for improvements and participates in implementation.
- Flexibility and ownership with quickly moving to and from different process areas as well as providing support to unplanned tasks.
- May be involved with leading task or projects within department.
- Compliance with safety guidelines, especially those directly related to material
- High School Diploma required.
- AA/AS or BA/BS in Life Sciences or related discipline preferred.
- Working knowledge of desktop computers
- 1-2 years’ experience in a GMP warehousing environment
- Previous Group Lead/Supervisory experience helpful
- Previous experience with Materials Planning helpful
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s license and current forklift license/certification
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong customer service and communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.