Sr. Maintenance Mechanic (Day Shift)Location Novato, California Workstyle Onsite Only Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Coordinate Quality and Validation actions. Provide a high level of skill in at least three mechanical disciplines. Provide solutions to complex facility operation and maintenance situations. Coordinate and lead entry level facility repair projects. Provide overall support for GMP facilities operation.
Responsible for the operation and preventive maintenance (per SOP requirements) of all purified water systems (RO, DI, WFI) and associated equipment, pure steam generators, plant steam boilers, air compressors, vacuum systems, chillers, HVAC units, and associated equipment, hot HVAC water boilers, and other miscellaneous equipment that supports the manufacturing facilities.
Ensure all utility systems and utility sub-systems at BioMarin are operated and maintained in the following manner.
• Execute PM and general work orders, i.e., hands on position (approximately 80%). Ensure all assigned PM’s and WO’s are completed in a timely manner.
• Identify mechanical malfunctions and implement complex corrective actions.
• Assist in the completion of Quality Deviations and other Quality Control actions.
• Assist in completion of Quality Assurance Change Requests.
• Ensure daily planned inspections of facilities equipment and services are performed. Take actions as needed.
• Complete Shift Transition Log to assure adequate review of alarms or other operating conditions or instructions.
• Coordinate department activities with manufacturing supervisors and establish necessary support for manufacturing process equipment maintenance.
• Provide guidance to other Mechanics on various projects including plumbing, electrical, and mechanical.
• Write Standard Operating Procedures.
• Perform troubleshooting, evaluation, and repair of complex equipment and process control systems.
• Coordinate with outside contractors as necessary. Assure contractor compliance with EH&S requirements (waste disposal, hot work permits, confined space, LOTO, etc. and Contractor Technical Certifications program).
• Maintain detailed and accurate records as necessary in order to maintain GMP and department procedure compliance.
• Provide validation execution assistance.
• Provide guidance and assistance in the start-up of new mechanical systems.
• Train other mechanics for mechanical repair and maintenance.
• Initiate SARs
• Provide Job Safety Analysis (JSA) in maintenance area.
• Participate in teams and upkeep of data elements for the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Participate on the BioMarin Emergency Response Team (BERT).
• Other projects/tasks as assigned by supervisor or management.
• Ensure all FAC/MFG are up to date on what is going on in with the facilities equipment sending utilities update on a daily basis.
BS with 1-2 years’ experience. High school diploma with 5+ years’ experience.
Shift Details: Day shift (Wednesday to Saturday)
**We do provide Shift Differential pay for any off-hour or Weekend shifts including Swing and Grave**
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.