Sr. Financial Analyst, Technical OperationsLocation Novato, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind. BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This role will be a key member of the TOPS (Technical Operations) Finance group and act as a business partner with the manufacturing team. This position has the exposure to functional leaders, is expected to provide insightful business advice in optimizing operating expenses, capital expenditures, strategic resources planning; improving headcount/costing models and constantly seeking to value-add to current process, information system, and business growth. The owner of this role is responsible for performing monthly and ad-hoc financial analysis, quarterly forecasting, and annual operating plan. In addition, he/she will support the corporate accounting team on closing tasks and work closely with the business to lead the FP&A activities for the assigned business areas.
A successful candidate would not only have a good understanding of costing and a solid technical skill in financial analysis but also bring business acumen, a high sense of integrity, and ownership.
- FP&A: Lead the periodic forecasting, planning, and analysis for the assigned business functional areas.
- Support COGM (Cost of Goods Manufactured) and COGS (Cost of Goods Sold) forecast and budget processes
- Monthly and Quarterly closing support: Support the Cost Accounting team and the North America Accounting team to ensure the key activities are recorded correctly based on US GAAP, by working with the business partners to understand and adequately communicate the nature of the business activities and follow through the communication
- Business Partnership: Develop relationships and become a trusted finance business partner across TOPS. Collaborate with business partners and FP&A team members to understand businessactivities, how they translate to the financial plan, and develop recommendations.
- Reporting - Produce and distribute monthly/quarterly metrics reporting for review with operational and finance partners. Support executive-level reporting. Help develop next-generation reporting tools, data visualizations, and processes.
- Continuous improvement – Support ongoing business process improvements, including process and technology improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant financial planning and analysis experience
- Understanding of accounting principles, procedures, and internal controls
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to resolve conflict, drive consensus, and reach conclusions
- Self-starter, energetic, dynamic individual with a hands-on mentality and knowing how to prioritize given responsibilities
- High attention to detail and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Intellectually curious, self-motivated, results-oriented, collaborative, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and/or other analytic tools
- Experience with financial and ERP systems such as Oracle, Hyperion Planning, Smart View, Anaplan
Preferred credentials but not required:
- MBA or other advanced degrees
- CPA and/or CMA
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.