Sr. Engineer, Novato Engineering & Facility ServicesLocation Novato, California Apply
NEFS Engineering provides critical technical support, guidance and strategic vision to ensure that the process/facilities/utilities/equipment for BioMarin's domestic clinical/commercial manufacturing buildings and warehouses are designed, operated and maintained in a manner consistent with GXP and best practice asset lifecycle management.
The purpose of this role is to provide engineering support for process, facilities and utilities at BioMarin Novato locations; the initial primary focus of this individual will be on processing equipment as a dedicated Engineer to the Galli Upstream operations. This is an individual contributor position as part of a site-based Engineering team. engineer will be responsible for ongoing support to Novato manufacturing and support to ensure process equipment performs its intended function when required. This role will support the design, engineering, commissioning and qualification of new or modified utility equipment systems and/or GMP manufacturing process equipment and warehousing facilities. Focus will be on modification to existing FUE systems and smaller capital projects and supporting the global engineering team in delivery and receipt and turnover of FUE equipment on large capital projects. In addition to system modifications, the engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting investigations as well as monitoring systems as SME and making recommendations on improvements.
- Demonstrate an in-depth technical knowledge of FUE systems to support the manufacturing, and warehousing of pharmaceutical and biological products
- Act as engineering resource on cross-functional project teams
- Apply extensive practical expertise in their area(s) of knowledg
- Advance safety, health and environmental stewardship at BioMarin through technical decisions, guidance and leadership
- Effectively manage internal and external relationships with customers, key stakeholders and vendors
- Develop and maintain effective communication with peers, subordinates and senior management
- Demonstrate the ability to be self-directed with limited guidance and oversight from management
- Support development of internal engineering practices and procedures
- Effectively apply independent judgment utilizing BioMarin policies, industry practices and BioMarin standards as guidance
- Demonstrate leadership, effective collaboration, partnering and teamwork skills when interacting with internal and external resources
- Actively participate in technical, tactical and strategic reviews/discussions
- Remain current on all training requirements
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and implement small projects
- Identify and champion projects that will successfully support BioMarin business goals and objectives
Quantify the scope or impact of the job in terms of revenue, expenses, capital investment, headcount, etc. This role is critical in the support of Novato Make, Assess, Release GMP operations.
6-8 years of experience