Sr. Director, HR Business Partner, Technical OperationsLocation Novato, California Apply
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin Pharmaceutical seeks a Sr. Director, HR Business Partner to support the Technical Operations, Manufacturing organization, which comprises of 500 Novato site-based employees. The role will report directly to the Executive Director, HR, for Global Technical Operations. The successful candidate will be a member of the TOPS HR Business Partner team and will also be an integral member of the Novato Site Leadership team.
As part of the TOPS HRBP team, the successful candidate will be a critical contributor to the success of priority HR efforts on behalf of all our Novato Manufacturing site-based employees. HR priorities for 2021 include projects in the areas of The Future of Work, Novato Site Transformation, Building Managerial Capability in support of Employee Experience.
The successful candidate will partner with the Novato Leadership Team on areas such as organizational design, talent management & development, succession planning, performance management, and coaching.
The strategic focus of this role is to align the people strategy of the TOPS group with the growth objectives of the business preparing for 2021 and beyond. Partnering closely with HR’s Centers of Excellence, this position will provide solutions-oriented support to the Novato Site leadership team around acquiring, developing, retaining, and engaging talent in a time of site transformation. The HR Business Partner, Manufacturing will help drive performance of a workforce with a mix of long tenured and newer employees. Leading with a positive and inclusive mindset will be a critical focus of this position.
- Managing a range of human resources supports, this role will provide proactive HR leadership and consultation to the Manufacturing business groups supporting leaders and employees of the organization
- Partners with senior leadership to provide guidance on organizational change and other people led initiatives.
- Ensures organizational success in complex business situations such as preparing for product approvals and site transformation.
- Influences leaders to make changes in organizational structure or processes to support growth within the Manufacturing organization.
- Responsible for identifying the need for HR programs or strategies to support business objectives, as well as strategic direction.
- Serves as integrated part of the business, working with and advising managers and leaders of respective client groups to align with and assist in accomplishing broader business objectives.
- Provides senior management with an interpretation of current HR policies.
- Partners with the HR COEs to deliver customized programs and services to the business in the areas of Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, and Compensation.
- Manages and resolves Employee Relations issues through effective and objective investigation processes, ensuring adherence to appropriate employment laws and BioMarin policies.
- Develops and conducts presentations to leaders and managers on a variety of HR subjects.
- Participates on global HR initiatives that may require taking the lead on HR projects within the client group.
- Support continued growth and infrastructure by identifying talent gaps and development areas across the global Commercial organization - and other areas as the business grows.
- Leadership: 12 years of experience in various people functions across business units; experience across talent management/acquisition, rewards, employee relations, organizational design, inclusion & diversity, and culture is beneficial.
- Industry Experience: Experience within the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry preferred.
- Analytical Expertise: Utilizing data-driven approaches to create “best practice” solutions. Utilizing these performance driven approaches in liaising with technical teams and product-driven leaders.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrated understanding of the strategic, operational and financial components of broader business management, having led teams (in/out of HR function) for at least 5 years and serving as an advisor/partner at the highest level within an organization.
- Global mindset: Will bring global experience, having led teams across regions.
- Must be able to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within defined HR policies and procedures.
- Must possess in-depth negotiating, influencing, and consulting skills.
- Must be able to develop solutions to a wide range of highly complex problems, which require an in-depth degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Maturity of temperament; able to render a calm stabilizing presence without compromising influence and authority.
- Passionate about people and culture, with an emphasis on inclusion.
- A strategic thinker, inspiring leader, effective manager and team player
- Demonstrate credibility, integrity, and trust.
- Collaborative and with the ability to create opportunities that facilitate buy-in and teamwork.
- Lead innovation and constantly drive for results; a disruptor who thinks bigger, beyond incremental improvement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.