Sr. Administrative AssistantLocation Novato, California
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
We are seeking a Senior Administrative professional who is comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This position reports to the Vice President, Global Quality Operations and is an integral member of the Quality Leadership Team. The successful candidate will design and implement administrative best practices and provide insight into streamlining complex and critical administrative processes that generate improved outcomes throughout the Quality organization. This position supports other Quality efforts as required, such as coordinating international visits, catering and managing meetings and events, identifying and managing resources; and using internal systems and software to initiate, route and monitor contracts and requisitions for approval. The Senior Administrative Assistant, Global Quality Operations will also edit, manage and share documents and information via various Microsoft applications including Microsoft Teams, and scan and file documents, as needed.
The successful candidate exercises impeccable judgment and discretion in time management, heavy and complex calendaring, creating and manipulating international/domestic travel itineraries and the preparation of expense reports using SAP Concur. Organizational and communication skills are of utmost importance in this role. On a daily basis, the ideal candidate takes a proactive approach and possesses strong influencing skills and self-direction with the ability to anticipate and effectively address potential situations and issues.
- Organizational/Problem Solving: Demonstrated initiative and self-direction, collect, track, generate and prioritize confidential/critical information for and on behalf of the VP, Global Quality Operations. Ability to work discreetly as required. Exercise impeccable judgment/discretion within company practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques (e.g., in-depth evaluation of all relevant factors) to develop solutions to complex issues of diverse scope. May coordinate activities of others (i.e. goal updates, onboarding new employees).
- Time Management: Independently manage and coordinate both internal and external calendar invites and maintain priorities for the VP. Schedule/coordinate meetings for VP and others as requested (All Hands meetings, leadership and departmental meetings, annual/product celebrations) including catering support when needed. Specifics can include: Managing calendar, travel, off-sites and events, and general office management. Generate meeting minutes and follow up on action items as required.
- Financial Management: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality. Proactively prepare and submit expense reports. Maintain budget and financial records as required. Possesses understanding of cost center budget to provide right information/answers at the right time.Specifics: Responsible for managing Statement of Work, Legal contracts, Accounts Payable, manage monthly accruals, file expense reports and other management issues related to budget. Work with the Quality Leadership Team (QLT) on budget/spend issues as required. Maintain the organizational charts to assure alignment with budget.
- Communication: Ability to clearly communicate in both written and oral disciplines. Identify and implement processes as we continue to improve the effectiveness of our communication across a large international organization. Prepare and coordinate key documents with colleagues across the organization to maintain alignment (e.g. maintaining and distributing org charts). Work within a “racetrack” to help prepare staff for upcoming activities. Participate in project management efforts as required.
HS diploma or equivalent required; Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 8+ years’ experience
- Expertise in MS Office, Visio and Adobe Acrobat. Experience and proficiency with other applications preferred (e.g. web design, graphic design).
- Outstanding organizational/problem-solving skills; history of customized problem solving/prioritization based on executive preference
- Proven ability to effectively handle and balance multiple competing priorities while maintaining strong attention to detail and follow-up. Demonstrate high level of initiative for both ongoing and new assignments.
- Exceptional written & oral communication skills; experience drafting communication tailored to a wide variety of partners/desired audience in executive’s voice. Clear, concise verbal & written communicator. Able to effectively state/support/defend rationale/research when questioned by executive/senior leaders.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.