Specialist 2 / Senior Specialist, Technical Operations Global TrainingLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Effective training programs are critical within our technical operations organization and this position plays an essential role in ensuring employees continue to build skills that will enable them to continue their professional development while ensuring personnel are compliant with regards to GxP regulatory/industry standards and guidelines.
The Specialist 2 / Sr Specialist in Global Training is responsible for the execution of training programs and leading the administration of the Learning Management System (LMS) in Technical Operations (TOPS) to ensure seamless customer experience and support.
This individual is responsible for the identification of the training needs of the assigned departments, ensuring the existence and execution of required training plans and conducting relevant training (e.g. GMP training). The focus areas are compliance and technical training, with additional support for business process trainings as needed.
The incumbent will partner with TOPS departments to strategically deliver improvements. The incumbent will perform administration of the learning management system.
- Administer and support the management of the Global Technical Operations Training Program and associated policies
- Support stakeholder groups as a training subject matter expert and learning management system department training administrator
- Lead learning management system improvements to increase alignment, effectiveness, and efficiency
- Infrastructure and assignments
- Migration to paperless processes
- Training content improvement
- Design, implement and facilitate trainings
- Perform and support quality systems business processes, including the processing of training change requests
- Create, implement and manage training databases. Performs data entry and updates as required.
- Compile training data, metrics and reports
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects for training systems and programs
- Participate and support regulatory inspections
- Other duties as assigned
- Effective customer service across all levels of the business
- Administration of a learning management system
- Application of data integrity best practices in a corporate environment
- Use of web-based database software applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- 5-7 years of professional training or systems experience
- Experience in a regulated environment supporting highly technical processes (e.g. life sciences, energy, aviation, nuclear industries)
- Ability to comprehend technical information related to systems, equipment, process and regulatory expectations
- Instructional design skills
- Organizational skills to coordinate multi-discipline projects
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences or engineering is preferred, but other technical/scientific areas or equivalent education/experience combinations will be considered
- Formal qualifications in training design and program development are desired
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.