Sourcing Manager, Capital ProjectsLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This position is a key driver in ensuring value realization in capital project spend. The Sourcing Manager is responsible for ensuring all capital project sourcing requests are executed in line with the category strategies, and in compliance with relevant policies, procedures, and best practices. The Sourcing Manager works with internal business stakeholders to understand requirements and execute the appropriate of sourcing process by applying appropriate methodologies, tools, and value levers. To support value delivery, the role collaborates with the Category Manager to address high-value stakeholder requests and escalates opportunities for regional or global strategic commodity demands or supplier partnerships. As part of the sourcing process the role also collaborates with legal functions in creating and negotiating contracts (of various kinds) and interfaces with budget planning cycles for capital portfolios.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of internal, capital project management and project control stakeholder functions. A good understanding of the supplier landscape for construction, technical services, and process equipment and how they interplay is strongly desired. A successful candidate will effectively translate business needs into sourcing and contracting requirements.
- Lead and facilitate capital project sourcing activities of mid to high-value and/or complexity projects using S2P applications
- Right-size sourcing activities to the complexity and criticality of the project. Coordinate RFI, RFQ, or RFPs for sustain and growth projects as appropriate; determine the best method for driving value in meeting the stakeholder request.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to develop project procurement plans.
- Negotiate price, delivery and supplier service level agreements. Ensure negotiated terms are appropriately reflected in contracts and/or purchase orders.
- Influence capital project strategies and methodologies by offering the relevant market intelligence. Keep abreast on key market trends.
- Ensure conflict resolution with supply base. Identify action items, marshal resources and lead resolution process to address action items and follow up on all supplier-facing issues as relevant to the project.
- Manage relevant internal stakeholder relationships for insight, change management, and proactive risk mitigation.
- Work with procurement leadership and other stakeholders to develop and implement select improvements to sourcing systems and processes.
- Manage sourcing policies, reporting processes, governance and risk mitigation. Measure, analyze and report key sourcing process metrics.
- Master understanding of BioMarin’s suite of source-to-pay tools such as Coupa, Oracle ERP and SpringCLM contracts. Provide process improvement recommendations based on end user feedback and professional experience. Ability to leverage any spend analytics tool output such as OBIEE and GEP or other third parties.
- Completion of university degree in business, engineering, or science
- Business level fluency in English
- 5+ years business experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry,
- Experience with mid to high value capital projects execution and/or procurement support highly preferred
- Experience with eSourcing tools highly preferred
- Working knowledge of overall sourcing process and methodology, such as documenting requirements, statements of work, conducting analysis and negotiations.
- Strong communication skills and emotional intelligence.
- A high level of personal integrity when conducting the professional affairs of the organization and dealing with sensitive change management.
- The ability to uphold the goals and culture of the organization.
- An understanding of strategic business objectives, resulting category strategies, and the ability to drive results toward them.
- The ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure with limited supervision.
- Be well-organized and maintain a high level of attention to detail.
- 2+ years operational end-to-end procurement experience including Sourcing and Supplier Management
- Data gathering, and quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills, including business process metrics and measures linking to business key performance indicators (KPIs) — required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.