Senior Research Associate Technology Development Process ScienceLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Our team develops new technologies and production platforms for a broad range of therapeutics which include proteins, antibodies, and gene therapy. The individual will collaborate with multiple groups including Process Sciences, Purification, Analytical, and Research Department. We are looking for a team member that is highly motivated, natural curiosity, and loves to learn new techniques and methods
Required hands-on skills:
- Aseptic cell culturing techniques for suspension and adherent cells including cell passaging/counting/cryopreservation, preparation of solutions/media and viral vector handling
- DNA delivery technologies such as transfection and electroporation
- Restriction enzymes, miniprep and maxiprep
- ELISA, PCR, SDS-PAGE/Western blot, agarose gel electrophoresis
- Flow cytometry and cell sorting
- Fluorescence microscopy
- Cell biology, microbiology and virology
- Smaller than 3-L scale production of biologics and/or viral vector, protein expression – Shake flask, microwell plate and bioreactor
- Plasmid and viral vector design
- Molecular cloning
- Development and improvement of cellular assays
- Automation (e.g. liquid handler, Tecan, miniprep robot, etc.)
- Protein and viral vector purification using chromatography/centrifugation techniques
- Stable clone generation and selection
Bachelors degree in Bio-engineering, Biology, Chemical Engineering or equivalent and 6 years of relevant industry experience
Plus: Technical proficiency enabling effective execution of experiments and basic problem solving. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to use computer effectively as work requires. Ability to work effectively in groups.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.