Senior Manager, Strategic Infrastructure PlannerLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Senior Manager, Strategic Infrastructure Planner
The Senior Manager is a full-time member of the Strategic Infrastructure Planning team with accountability for leading strategic planning projects and feasibility options/evaluations and supporting other strategic initiatives with functions in BioMarin and throughout TOPS.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group (TOPS) is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These individuals build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients.
This role reports to the California Strategic Planning Head and is a member of the California Facilities Engineering Team. and collaborates with BioMarin’s technical operational groups as well as related functional teams.
• The role supports the infrastructure planning of BioMarin's operations (manufacturing, warehouse and labs), facilities (workplace and amenities), and capital strategies, for both growth and sustain capital investments.
• Participate and support strategic planning activities including Demand Planning and Options Analysis, Network Strategy, Site Master Planning, and Feasibility studies. Translate business strategies into long term strategic cLRP.
• Partner with stakeholders to prepare and present analyses, decisions and recommendations.
• Participant in Envision Phase Project Intake reviews and support the development of the business and financial justifications.
• Lead feasibility assessment and project teams and influence overall strategic thinking. Proactively manage teams and work with stakeholders to define and implement strategic initiatives.
• Responsible for successful, on-time project completion and achieved results. Do an excellent job of partnering with stakeholders to prepare and present analyses, decisions and recommendations to senior management.
• Translate the operations strategy into sound delivery options. Responsible for performing options analysis and developing high level feasibility project plans. As necessary create turn over documentation and assure smooth transition from planning to project implementation. • • • Stay current in external trends and best practices.
• Other duties as assigned
• At least ten years of biotechnology experience preferred.
• Ability to work independently, managing projects and meeting established timelines.
• Comfortable with managing the activities of other staff members.
• Experience in a cGMP regulated manufacturing environment, with exhibited knowledge or proficiency in capital projects.
• Organizational and management skills to coordinate multi-discipline project groups.
• Ability to share information, present data, and defend approaches in front of audiences and senior leadership.
• Ability to comprehend technical information related to capital planning and execution.
• Proficiency with standard office software applications, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Power Point.
• BS or MS in Engineering from an accredited university.
It is expected this role will interact with multiple functional teams within the BioMarin organization including, but not limited to, Capital Delivery team, Site Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, EHS&S, QC and QA teams, Facilities, Procurement, and Finance.
This role will have no direct reports. However, managing studies and projects will entail leading a support team consisting of both internal and external functions.
Normal working hours are 8AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday with some level of flexibility around the working hours.
ONSITE, REMOTE, OR FLEXIBLE
This role is a flexible role and candidate is expected to be on site an average of 2 to 4 days per week and no less than 6 days per month.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 126,800 to $ 190,200 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.