Senior Financial Costing AnalystLocation Novato, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Senior Financial Costing Analyst
BioMarin is seeking a highly motivated Senior Financial Costing Analyst to join our Technical Operations (TOPS) Finance team. In this role, we are looking for someone with a curiosity to learn and understand the business and grow their finance and accounting capabilities. This role will be part of the Plant Controllership team within the TOPS Finance organization, with the ability to learn all aspects of manufacturing finance. The TOPS Finance team has responsibility for global FP&A, manufacturing accounting, plant controllership and ERP implementation support. This position will be a key member of a cross-functional team, collaborating extensively with regional and global finance colleagues and technical operations teams. This role will have a broad range of responsibilities across both FP&A and manufacturing accounting, including support to long range planning, annual budgeting and forecasting, as well as inventory costing, excess & obsolescence, SOX compliance, USGAAP audits, intercompany profit elimination, cost of goods sold and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support the periodic forecasting, planning and analysis for certain business functions, including business case analysis to support business decisions
- Assist with preparation of consolidated financial management reporting for TOPS for balance sheet and inventory areas.
- Develop an understanding of operations and material flow from bulk manufacturing through to finished good stage and the impact on inventory values.
- Monitor production plans for bulk manufacturing and CMO activity to ensure accurate inventory valuation and completeness of overhead absorption.
- Work with Operations teams to evaluate excess and obsolescence and determine need for inventory reserves and ensure appropriate treatment.
- Close responsibilities include ensuring correct treatment of operating overhead, balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP and submission of close deliverables.
- Maintain internal controls in line with corporate standards, GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley requirements. Work with internal and external auditors as required.
- Ensure accurate elimination of profit in inventory for US entity.
- Establish relationships with Corporate & Regional Finance teams to ensure all reporting requirements are performed timely and accurately.
- Lead or support local and global projects and initiatives within TOPS Finance. Engage in continuous improvement initiatives to drive process efficiencies and participate in transformation projects
- Collaborate with ERP implementation teams and global finance teams to identify and introduce process enhancements to improve efficiency. Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required. Certified Public Accountant or equivalent is desired.
- Minimum one to two years’ experience in a manufacturing business with audited financial statements. Experience in manufacturing accounting in a multi-national environment is desirable.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley, and internal control environment desirable.
- Experience with an integrated ERP system, general ledger functions, sub-ledger processes, and period closing. Understanding of relationship of other accounting functions to manufacturing accounting.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In the U.S., the salary range for this position is $ 92,800 to $ 139,200 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A discretionary bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.