Senior Business Process ManagerLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
We are looking for a skilled, innovative Senior Business Process Manager as we mature and scale our business processes to support future growth. The Novato operations site comprises functions within Make – Assess – Release in its mission of producing therapeutics for the treatment of rare diseases. This role reports through Business Operations and supports all of the local Make – Assess – Release functions which include approximately 600 employees. The Senior Business Process Manager will lead business process improvement initiatives, manage a team of motivated lean six sigma practitioners, and own the site continuous improvement programs.
- Manage a team of 2-3 Business Analysts / Business Process Managers who execute green belt level lean six sigma projects and manage established continuous improvement programs.
- Implement site continuous improvement programs and business processes to enhance site operations in alignment with the objectives of Novato operations and the Technical Operations organization. For example:
- Partner with Finance to deploy a valuation model for business case development and lead the local implementation for annual projects and for long range planning to forecast efficiency gains.
- Lead the annual process to connect activity drivers to workforce needs and operations metrics.
- Champion the development and use of performance measures (metrics) to understand opportunities and drive improvements.
- Align site performance measures to the Technical Operations hierarchy of metrics, ensuring connectedness throughout levels of the organization so that the ties are clear from the performance of individual areas to the site and organization.
- Facilitate the quarterly assessment of site performance measures to ensure that the most relevant measures and performance targets are utilized.
- Create a departmental scorecard for Business Operations.
- Facilitate forums such as the monthly Site Operations Review and other forums as required.
- Maintain the site event calendar, facilitate site events planning such as site all hands meetings and extended leadership team meetings.
- Define Business Operations departmental business processes and define roles and responsibilities between Business Operations and our customers and partner groups.
- Define the maturity process for continuous improvement programs owned by Business Operations so that business processes are defined, sustainable, able to continuously improve, and continue to add value in support of the organization’s objectives.
- Seek, share, and strategically implement best practices and promote industry standards and the use of the most effective methodologies to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- BS with minimum 8 years’ experience or MS with minimum 6 years’ experience supporting operations.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience with a proven track record of successfully leading cross-functional business process improvement (Operational Excellence) initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with other functional groups and skilled in leading people through business change.
- Ability to quickly grasp and synthesize information across a variety of disciplines to create a strategic plan to achieve business objectives.
- Thrives in a fast-paced collaborative environment within a rapidly evolving business environment.
- 5 years’ experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry or another regulated industry (e.g. life sciences, energy, aviation, nuclear).
- Working knowledge of electronic GMP systems (Oracle EBS, SAP, Trackwise, LIMS, etc.)
- Knowledge of drug manufacturing processes in a health authority regulated environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Business Management, Information Technology or related field.
- Lean Six Sigma green belt certification.
- Lean Six Sigma black belt certification.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Business Process Management (End to End Process) Hammer certification.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.