Senior Business Process ManagerLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
As a Sr. Business Process Manager, you will be a critical partner for our customers in utilizing operational excellence tools to solve business issues. Your role will be instrumental in the implementation of Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies at our site, leading continuous improvement efforts and developing scalable business processes to support future growth. You will work with site leadership and subject matter experts across the site, and contribute to defining the operational excellence strategy, translating the strategic vision to tangible projects, and driving operational efficiencies.
- Implement site continuous improvement programs and business processes to enhance site operations in alignment with the objectives of Novato operations organization.
- Champion the development and use of performance measures to understand opportunities and drive improvements.
- Define the maturity process for continuous improvement programs owned by Business Operations so that business processes are defined, sustainable, able to continuously improve, and continue to add value in support of the organization’s objectives.
- Business Process Owner for the site operating model, interacting with the site leadership team to build, sustain, and improve the model, and facilitate extended leadership team meetings.
- Lead the process to define the departmental business processes and scorecard.
- Represent the Business Operations department in site leadership forums and ensure alignment with our partner groups across the network.
- Manage a team of 2-3 Business Analysts who execute green belt level Lean Six Sigma projects and manage continuous improvement programs.
- Seek, share, and strategically implement best practices and promote industry standards and the use of the most effective methodologies to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- Collaborative Leadership - Ability to influence with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, bring teams to consensus/alignment. Builds credibility through solid relationships and solid track record of results.
- Ownership and Accountability – Takes accountability for actions, drives results, and able to learn from mistakes. Delivers on promises, goals, and expectations. Makes quality decisions and resolves problems with minimal delay as appropriate. Asks “what can I do to help?”
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively up and down, at all levels of the organization, present complex and/or new ideas with clarity and simplicity. Ability to draft and deliver clear and concise procedures or business process documents.
- Planning/Organization - Excellent planning and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask and adapt. Able to synthesize large amounts of information. Able to deliver results despite shifting environment.
- Analytical Problem Solving – Ability to identify problems, define problem statement clearly and accurately and apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify data-driven root causes. Innovative and effective in solution development, risk mitigation, and execution.
- Customer focused - Partners with customers, looks ahead to predict future customer needs. Manages expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Business Management, Information Technology or related field.
- Lean Six Sigma black belt certification.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in Operational Excellence utilizing Lean Six Sigma.
- Minimum of 3 years of project management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with various functional groups and skilled in leading people through business change.
- Familiarity using MS Project, Visio, and statistical software such as JMP or Minitab.
- 3 years’ experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry or another regulated industry (e.g. life sciences, energy, aviation, nuclear).
- Knowledge of drug manufacturing processes in a health authority regulated environment.
- Working knowledge of electronic GMP systems (Oracle EBS, SAP, Trackwise, LIMS, etc.)