Research Technician (TEMPORARY)Location Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients.
The Research Technician I, will support activities in the Formulation development laboratories encompassing the areas of laboratory equipment maintenance, laboratory facility maintenance, GLP documentation, reagent preparation, and supporting development activies as needed. The RT I is responsible for oversight/scheduling of routine maintenance of analytical instrumentation, controlled temperature environment (CTE) chambers, general laboratory facility maintenance. The selected candidate should posess excellent organizational, and communication skills and also be a self-starter willing to work efficiently in a dynamic environment.
- Performs routine instrument/equipment maintenance to ensure the proper function and compliant use.
- Performs good documentation practices with instrument and equipment laboratory logbooks and ensures compliance in their documentation.
- Performs routine laboratory facilities checks to ensure proper maintenance and compliant use of the laboratory areas and equipment.
- Assists in the procurement, receiving, installment and repair of bioanalytical instrumentation and lab equipment.
- Coordinates and performs common reagent preparation of buffers and other necessary routine reagents used in research.
- Maintains and washes glassware
- Participate and contribute ideas in process improvement meetings
- Participates in projects or tasks assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and to perform tasks with direct or minimal supervision
- Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, is motivated, and organized
Minimum: Associates degree in a scientific discipline and experience as a laboratory technician or laboratory assistant
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline and an academic background in biotechnology or equivalent.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.