Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate, Technology Development, Process SciencesLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Our team works to develop new technologies and production platforms for a broad range of therapeutics which include proteins, antibodies, and gene therapy. The individual will collaborate with multiple groups including Process Sciences, Purification, Analytical, and Research Department. We are looking for a team member that is highly motivated, naturally curious, and loves to learn new techniques and methods
- Involved in developing new processes, or refining existing ones, to optimize the manufacturing process for various therapeutic modalities (protein, antibody, gene therapy)
- Experience with manual cell counting, cell culture media preparations, cells passaging, cryopreservation
- Design and execution of experiments in shake flask as well as some bioreactors experience with minimal supervision
- Preparation of the solutions of given concentration, serial dilutions, precise and reproducible pipetting
- Experience with transfection, viral transduction, PCR, Western blot, agarose gel electrophoresis
- Flow cytometry is beneficial
- Some skills in experimental design, data analysis, and data presentation.
- Effective written and presention skills.
- Detailed documentation of the experimental procedures and ability to troubleshoot
Require the following skills:
- Mammalian and/or Insect Cell Culture
- Bioreactor experience or Process Control (BioNet, DASGIP, Finesse)
- Plate based assay methods (SoftMax Pro)
- Statistical Analysis (JMP)
Bachelors degree in Bioengineering, Biology, Chemical Engineering or equivalent and 6 years of relevant industry experience
Plus: Technical proficiency enabling effective execution of experiments and basic problem solving. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to use computer effectively as work requires. Ability to work effectively in groups.
Required Familiarity with the following equipment:
- Plate Readers (SoftMax Pro)
- Other equipment to measure metabolites (Novaflex or equivalent)
- PCR readers
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.