Research Associate, Chemical Formulation and Device DevelopmentLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The selected candidate will work in the Chemical, Formulation and Device Development (CFDD) group to advance therapeutic proteins, peptides, and gene therapy vectors for non-clinical, clinical, and commercial applications. The candidate will work in a team responsible for parenteral dosage formulation development, product characterization, stability determination and supporting manufacturing processes for drug products. The selected candidate should thrive in a lab-based environment, possess strong analytical skills, be a self-starter, and willing to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment.
The candidate must exercise technical competence in the design and execution of various pre-formulation and formulation development experiments and projects. He or she writes protocols, executes experiments, provides quantitative analysis of data and interpretation of results, and contributes to technical reports. At times, he or she may evaluate complex methods, technologies, or laboratory equipment. The primary focus is laboratory experimental work as follows:
- Assist in the development of formulations to support pre-clinical and clinical studies
- Write experimental protocols and technical reports summarizing development work
- Demonstrate technical expertise and have experience in a range of basic analytical methods
- Employ various analytical instruments to conduct physicochemical and biophysical characterization of lead molecules
- Provide concise and quantitative analysis of data and interpretation of experimental results
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills and effective time management to deliver reliable results in a timely manner
- Evaluate and establish new techniques, methods, and procedures based on evolving project demands
- Maintain thorough and timely documentation of experiments
- Deliver effective oral presentations to departmental and cross functional groups
- Foster teamwork by working collaboratively within CFDD group and external collaborators
- Strong analytical skills and instrument troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to employ various analytical methods (HPLC, calorimetry, spectrophotometry, light scattering, Freeze Drying Microscopy, etc.) to screen and characterize drug products
- Attention to detail and effective organizational skills
- Able to use computers effectively for data analysis and presentation
- Excellent communication skills, strong ability to present results in both oral and written formats
- Be a team player
- B.S. in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or related field plus >2 years experience in biotech or pharmaceutical development setting.
- M.S. in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or related field plus 0-2 years experience biotech or pharmaceutical development setting.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.