Research Associate 2/Sr. Research Associate, Molecular Biology, Cell Cultured Process DevelopmentLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Cell Culture Process Development group is responsible for designing and scaling up the cell culture processes for production of:
- Biomolecules including proteins for enzyme replacement therapies.
- Viral vectors for gene therapies.
We are seeking an experienced Research Associate for research and development activities. The successful candidate will be part of an established team of scientists and RAs working to develop and optimize recombinant adeno-associated virus (AAV) vector production processes. He/she will assists the team members with tasks in the area of molecular biology and cell culture.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Nucleic acid/plasmid purification.
- Cell propagation and plasmid transfection. Clone screening and selection.
- DNA analysis by agarose gel electrophoresis. PCR.
- DNA quantification by qPCR and ddPCR.
- Protein analysis by ELISA, Western blot.
- Thorough documentation of procedures and results.
- Flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities.
- Perform reliably in a fast-paced environment.
- Handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Closely interact with other team members. Develop internal and external collaborations.
- Present results and conclusions in group and department meetings.
- Molecular biology and cell culture work experience, preferentially in an industrial laboratory.
- Good organization, data analysis, and interpretation skills.
- Critical thinking, good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Hands-on experience with recombinant AAV vectors and baculovirus expression system.
- Insect or mammalian cell culture, transient and stable transfection.
- Analytical assays: qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA, electrophoresis, Western blot, and cell-based assays.
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years or Master’s degree with 2+ years of laboratory experience in molecular or cell biology.
BioMarin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.