Research Associate 2, Cell CultureLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind. BioMarin’s Cell Culture Process Development group is responsible for designing and scaling up the cell culture processes for production of biomolecules, including proteins for enzyme replacement therapies and viral vectors for gene therapies. We are looking for a Research Associate to join an established team of scientists and RAs working to develop and optimize adeno-associated virus (AAV) vector production processes.
- Cell line maintenance and propagation.
- AAV vector small-scale production, purification, and analysis.
- Optimize, troubleshoot and perform cell-based assays.
- Organize and prioritize testing of samples.
- Thoroughly document procedures and results.
- Present results in group meetings.
- Assist with other tasks as needed.
- Flexibility, willingness to accept new responsibilities.
- Handle and prioritize multiple tasks efficiently in a fast-paced environment, be highly organized.
- Be diligent and detail-oriented.
- Interact with team members in a constructive and proactive manner.
- Culture of adherent and suspension cell lines, aseptic technique, media and reagents preparation.
- Performance of cell-based assays.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and data analysis in Excel.
- DNA, RNA, protein purification.
- Analytical assays: RT-PCR, qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA, electrophoresis, Western blots.
- Hands-on experience with AAV vectors.
- Culture of primary cells.
- Assay automation, image analysis.
- Laboratory information management systems.
Degree in biological sciences or a related field. Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of experience, or Master’s degree with 2 years of experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.