Research AssistantLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Analytical Sciences Department is seeking a Research Assistant that will be responsible for coordinating with lab support service providers and multiple departments such as Facilities, EHS&S, Lab Support, IT, Vendors and Contractors to ensure that Analytical Sciences Department needs are met. The candidate should possess excellent organizational, communication skills, be a self-starter willing to work efficiently in a dynamic environment, and must be comfortable with the following duties:
- Assists in the procurement, receiving, installment and repair of bioanalytical instrumentation and lab equipment.
- Performs routine instrument/equipment maintenance to ensure the proper function and compliant use.
- Performs good documentation practices with instrument and equipment laboratory logbooks and ensures compliance in their documentation.
- Performs routine laboratory facilities checks to ensure proper maintenance and compliant use of the laboratory areas and equipment.
- Maintenance of lab compliance and safety - EHS&S liaison
- Take the lead on optimizing lab space utilization
- Mediating and driving the discussion on lab layout
- Working with facilities on any necessary facility modifications (e.g. e-power, bench installation/removal, etc.)
- Lab cleaning and inspections, lab risk assessment
- Work with BioMarin IT on any IT issues and computer maintenance
- Participate and contribute ideas in process improvement meetings
- Participates in projects or tasks assigned
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and to perform tasks with direct or minimal supervision
- Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Good documentation skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, is motivated, and organized
- Ability to work in a team environment
Preferred: Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline and an academic background in biotechnology or equivalent
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.