Research Assistant / AssociateLocation Novato, California Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This laboratory based position in Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) requires technical expertise in protein characterization and purification systems in support of ongoing manufacturing operations. He or she participates in monitoring and troubleshooting existing processes to build a detailed process understanding and developing process improvements consistent with cGMP. This position involves collaboration with process development, manufacturing, quality control, and quality assurance groups. Travel is limited to attending relevant professional conferences and workshops.
- Provide technical support for ongoing manufacturing downstream processes.
- Responsible for providing manufacturing with critical information necessary for maintaining consistent product supply, now and in the future.
- Develop, perform and troubleshoot analytical assays required to support experiments.
- Participate in monitoring production processes.
- Participate in the diagnosis and resolution of production problems.
- Establish and maintain scaled-down models of downstream production processes.
- Test the feasibility of new manufacturing processes.
- Solid experimental design and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with analytical methods including HPLC, CE, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA, cell-based, Bio-Layer Interferometry (BLI), spectrophotometry, qPCR, etc.
- Knowledge in protein purification chromatography (e.g. Multimodal, IEX, HIC, SEC, and affinity) and filtration. Experience with AKTA.
- Accurate documentation of experimental work, data analysis and results.
- Excellent communication skills.
Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent with 2-5+ years experience or Master's degree with 0-2+ years experience in Biochemical/Biological Engineering, Biochemistry, Chemistry or Biology.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.