QC Analyst / Sr. Analyst, Gene Therapy Analytical Technologies
Location :Novato, California
Workstyle :Onsite Only
With accelerated review underway in the United States and Europe for our Hemophilia A drug, a second gene therapy program entering the clinic for PKU patients, and a third program in late research for Hereditary Angioedema, BioMarin continues to pioneer innovative approaches to treating rare diseases. Our commitment to gene therapy is further underscored by having developed the first and largest gene therapy manufacturing facility in the world. The scientific possibilities and the hope we offer to patients with rare diseases is enormous.
BioMarin is a midsize biotechnology company with a market cap of approximately 18 billion. Over the course of our 22 year history we have successfully launched 7 drugs for the treatment of rare diseases. Our success is due to our scientific rigor and our ability to leverage multiple therapeutic modalities. BioMarin is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and offers a comprehensive relocation program.
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Decision Making
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Patient Focused
- Results Oriented
- Pioneering Science
- Cross Functional Collaboration
- Willing to try new ways to look at problems
Health & Wellness Programs
" BioMarin has this, in their own DNA, an approach: they only work on projects for which they know the underlying biology."Lon C., Chief Scientific Officer
"We’ve got to understand: What are the problems other people are trying to solve? And do we have a better way of fundamentally doing that?"Brinda B, GVP, Corporate and Business Development
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The QC Analyst / Senior Analyst is responsible for performing on-time release, stability, and non-routine testing of pharmaceutical drug substances and drug product under cGMP guidelines and procedures. The QC Analyst / Senior Analyst is responsible for carrying out analytical method development and troubleshooting work, executing validation and transfer protocols, writing and reviewing protocols and reports, supporting training to site QC, Contract Test Labs, and In Country Testing Labs in new techniques and methods, support the preparation of regulatory submission documents. The QC Analyst / Senior Analyst is expected to demonstrate strong cGMP and compliance acumen. The QC Analyst / Senior Analyst can work independently under minimal direction while completing work assignments. This role may include overtime and shift work.
Presentation of laboratory results and conclusions, becoming a key subject matter expert for regulatory inspections, training and educational development of other staff are also expected.
- Adhere and follow cGMPs guidelines and procedures. Escalate non-compliance concerns to management.
- Perform Analytical testing compliantly incl: HPLC/UPLC, SDS Gels, UV Spectrophotometry, plate-based assays including ELISAs and cell-based bioassays, PCR, etc.
- Testing of in-process samples, finished product, non-routine samples, packaging and stability, etc. under cGMP guidelines and procedures.
- Provide technical expertise for analytical methods in QC, support the maintenance of method and analytical equipment performance
- Prepare protocols, summaries, and reports—often for direct submission to pharmaceutical regulatory agencies
- Develop, optimize, validate and troubleshoot analytical test methods
- Draft and revise QC SOPs; contributes to data review and approval of results.
- Act as technical resource (SME) and train other analysts in areas of expertise
- Evaluate results against defined acceptance criteria
- Conduct, support and document laboratory investigations and deviation investigations to rapidly identify the root cause and to establish effective corrective action(s) with minimal delay
- Maintain the laboratory in an inspection-ready state
- Support sample and record management for testing within the group and at CRO/CTO’s
- Interact directly with regulatory agency inspectors during audits
- Interface with other BioMarin departments (MSAT, QCAT, Technical Development, Quality Assurance, Facilities, etc.) and contractors as necessary
- Interpret and apply 21CFR, USP, EP, JP and ICH regulatory guidelines and directives
- Other duties as assigned
- A 4-year science degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, or similar disciplines is required.
- 0-3 years of related experience, preferably in a GMP environment.
- Cell based experience required. Cell-based work in gene therapy is a plus.
- HPLC/UPLC, SDS Gels, UV Spectrophotometry, plate-based assays including ELISAs and cell-based Bioassays, PCR, etc.
- Experience reviewing and executing on study protocols, participating in method optimization, transfer and validation studies is a plus.
- Experience working with mammalian cell cultures is not required by is highly preferred.
About our location
Meet Our Team
From internationally renowned scientists to patient advocates, BioMarin Hemophilia has brought together the right people.Read More
In the News
BioMarin has entered into a preclinical collaboration and license agreement with DiNAQOR, a gene therapy platform company, to develop novel gene therapies to treat rare genetic cardiomyopathies.Learn More