Production Scheduler (TEMPORARY)Location Novato, California Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The purpose of the Novato Site Production Scheduler is to be the single point of contact for scheduling and coordinating production and non-production activities that support the Make Assess Release process within the Novato Site.
The primary role of the Production Scheduler is to be the primary point of contact for scheduling and coordination production and non-production related activities for the Novato Site (Galli East, Galli West, Galli North, Leveroni and Pimentel) that support the Make Assess Release process within the Novato Site. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Attend Daily tier meeting to verify adherence to schedule and finalize coordination of activities for the day.
● From the Supply Chain Production Plan, develop and maintain the detailed production schedule and makes adjustments utilizing BioG real time scheduling software and Oracle EBS for the following activities:
◦ Manufacturing Operations at the Novato Site
◦ Raw Material Kitting and Solution Prep Pre-weighs for the Novato Site
◦ Equipment downtime for Galli West, Galli East, Galli North, Leveroni and Pimentel Facilities (PM’s, Cals, etc.)
◦ Operational Readiness Start-Up Activities for the Novato Site.
◦ Non-production activities such as Validation, Capital Projects
◦ Review, assess for impact and schedule planned and unplanned schedule change requests and ensures that all requirements are documented to maintain transparent communication.
◦ Generates Oracle EBS batch orders and ensures batch orders and production lots are annotated in the schedule from thaw through shipment of Drug Substance.
◦ Proactively evaluates and escalates schedule conflicts by working with impacted groups to facilitate resolution.
◦ Manages Oracle EBS firm planned orders and batch orders to ensure on, time start and completion in order to enable accurate MRP
● Reviews production schedule for opportunities to improve efficiency and continuous improvement.
● Provides adherence to schedule metrics data for monthly report out.
● Generates Batch Record dispatch report list based on BioG detailed production schedule.
● Provides planned versus actual report of campaign detailed schedule against plan
● Provides adherence to schedule metrics data for end of campaign performance summaries.
● Supports production scheduling and improvement initiatives.
● Administrator for Production Scheduling Website and maintains for accuracy.
● Generates Production Schedule Scenarios and participates in contingency planning
● BS Degree in Biology or related life sciences
● APICS certification desired but not required
● Education and / or minimum years of experience in manufacturing with operations scheduling, production planning or master scheduling experience as follows
● 2+ years’ experience in production scheduling and planning processes or 4+ year MFG experience
● ERP experience to include scheduling within an ERP system
● Experience with the following software applications:
◦ BioG Real Time Process, JIRA, Office 365 products, MS Project, MS Visio, Oracle EBS and ASCP, OPPM and P6, Training in Lean Six Sigma, Project Management Certification
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.