Operational Readiness PlannerLocation Novato, California
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The purpose of the Novato Site Operational Readiness Planner is to be the single point of contact for planning and oversight of Operational Readiness activities to support the Novato Site Make Assess Release process. The Operational Readiness Planner plans and coordinates alignment of all enabling activities, resources and materials at the Novato Site to maximize plant downtime/up-time, in order to meet the production plan, schedule and achieve company goals.
The primary role of the Operational Readiness Planner is to plan, prioritize, facilitate, escalate, and provide oversight of Operational Readiness activities, projects, resources, and materials for the Novato Manufacturing Site which includes but not limited to:
- Work with Supply Chain Planning, Material Operations (Scheduling, Operational Purchasing, Recipe and Data Management, Warehouse Operations and Inventory Management), Novato Engineering and Facilities Services, Quality, Manufacturing, Portfolio Management, and Training functions to support scenario planning for product introductions.
- Preparation, facilitation, and communication for Operational Readiness meetings, opportunistic planning, risk mitigation, action tracking.
- Create and maintain an integrated Site Operational Readiness plan that encompasses all Operational Readiness activities for the Novato Site.
- Single point of contact for escalation of constraints, communication, planning, and alignment of the Novato site functions to the Operational Readiness plan.
- Routine review and communication of progress towards milestones, action items, escalation and mitigation of potential obstacles which can impact Operational Readiness timelines and the Production Plan.
- Lead and support right first time (six–sigma) initiatives and methodology to improve Operational Readiness efficiency.
- Facilitates and publishes campaign after action reviews for Operational Readiness activities for the Novato Site.
- Develop, maintain and publish Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for Operational Readiness program health.
- Education and / or minimum years of experience in manufacturing with operations scheduling, production planning or master scheduling experience as follows
- 2+ years experience in production scheduling and planning processes or 4+ year MFG experience
- Experience with the following software applications is preferred but not required:
- Bioproduction Group Real-Time Modeling System, JIRA SWIM, Office 365 Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, Oracle EBS and ASCP, OPPM and P6, Training in Lean Six Sigma, Project Management Certification
- Excellent planning, analytical, organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to understand the interdependencies of End to End process and how they impact the business.
- Ability to work independently and effectively meet timelines.
- BS/BA degree in business or engineering discipline
- APICS certification preferred but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.