Material Handler (Temporary)Location Novato, California Apply
Material Handler I will be responsible for sampling, weighing, and dispensing raw materials to produce buffer, solution, and media kits for manufacturing facilities. Material Handler I is also responsible for receiving and verifying materials and ensuring that material storage locations are properly stocked and maintained. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Receives, verifies and coordinates raw material receipts and returns from warehouses to manufacturing facilities and vice versa.
- Contact for raw material issues and reconciliation.
- Coordinates and reconciles raw materials that are in Quarantine.
- Performs audit of commonly used items to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Coordinates a removal of expired raw materials and expired in-process inventory.
- Maintains accurate inventory records for approved GMP raw materials, components and supplies.
- Performs cycle counts of approved GMP material inventory as assigned using ERP system.
- Complies with EHS&S safety guidelines, especially those directly related to the operation of warehousing equipment such as pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Performs pre-weigh for Kitting of buffers, solutions, and media.
- Performs sampling of raw material chemicals.
- Maintains warehouses and sub-inventory areas in an audit ready state.
- Complies with cGMP Documentation.
- Complies with cGMP Practices and Regulations.
- Transports and distributes approved GMP raw materials, components and supplies to the designated manufacturing facilities.
- Assists with SOP and Work Instruction updates as required.
- Provides suggestions for process improvements and participate in implementation.
- Manages Kanban system to support manufacturing operations.
- Required to work in a clean room environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- 1-2 years experience in a GMP warehousing environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Knowledge in Oracle EBS, CMMS, GCDL and LabWare LIMS system or similar operating database.
- Experience in continuous improvements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- AA/AS or BA/BS in Life Sciences or related discipline preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.